PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shack Shaw 300 Blackout barrel deal?

Pages : [1] 2 3

gnarlytoes
05-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Did anyone else get in on the group buy for Shaw 300 blackout barrel for 139?

Just wondering if they're ever going to ship. When I placed the order they said delivery in March. Then it said April. Now it says May?

This is my first order from them. I haven't yet called or otherwise pestered them because I figure the holdup is most likely with Shaw.

Anybody else wondering the same thing or have any info?

goosebrown
05-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Respectfully, I have never understood why 300 Blackout is an interesting caliber for a bolt gun unless you are firing suppressed. Why? The round was made for ARs, it is designed to duplicate an already average cartridge, the 7.62x39 and use AR magazines. There are a bazillion 30 cal rounds out now already. Other than the allure of the new and sound suppression, why this?

gnarlytoes
05-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Respectfully, I have never understood why 300 Blackout is an interesting caliber for a bolt gun unless you are firing suppressed.

Exactly.

05-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Because we can. 8)

yorketransport
05-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Respectfully, I have never understood why 300 Blackout is an interesting caliber for a bolt gun unless you are firing suppressed. Why? The round was made for ARs, it is designed to duplicate an already average cartridge, the 7.62x39 and use AR magazines. There are a bazillion 30 cal rounds out now already. Other than the allure of the new and sound suppression, why this?

Because the 308 Win is boring and the 7.62x39 is for Communists! ;)

I played with a 300 Whisper in a Contender for a few years and it was pretty fun. I wasn't any better than either the 30-30 or 30 Herret barrels I had, but it was different. Besides, buying the newest and coolest caliber is just our way of boosting the US economy. ;D

Andrew

SuperChuck
05-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Back to the OP's question, in this growing 300 Blk market, missed timelines appear to be quite the norm for now.

As the retailers are at the mercy of the subcontractors and the supliers, who are are all slammed too.

Any prepay situation is subject to delay, while a bird-in-the-hand prices are sometimes quite inflated.. to maintain sanity in the current market, I basically expect delays..

Whats especially critical for the retailers, is they need to keep the updates flowing, and give realistic assessments of the impact to the timeline when the delays occur.

Delays don't bother me nearly as much as the silence once the delays begin...

At work, I'm accountable for my timetables, and when my timelines get adjusted for some reason, I'm expected to;

Explain what caused the change.
Explain what I'm doing to mitigate the situation.
Provide a new timeline based on the revised plan.

Anything less is simply leaving people hanging. A simple update on any group buys to that effect would be greatly appreciated.

SC

As far as a justification or rationales for my decisions to make ANY purchase, its a personal decision, after doing my own research and assessing my personal preferences.. Just like anyone else. To believe that somehow my decision-making process is influenced by other people's impression of anything, would be a false assumption. Asking why one person chooses one cartridge over another is about the same as asking why someone picks creamy peanut butter over crunchy, or chocolate milk versus 2%. I'm not interested in convincing anyone to shoot 300 BLK, eat creamy peanut butter or drink chocolate milk..

Celebrate the diversity of the opportunities we have, make your own decisions, and enjoy! There's not enough time in life to be proccupied with what other people choose to do, especially when we try to make it fit within our own unique decision-making criteria, personal experiences and perspectives.

:-)

SC

Just wondering if they're ever going to ship. When I placed the order they said delivery in March. Then it said April. Now it says May?

This is my first order from them. I haven't yet called or otherwise pestered them because I figure the holdup is most likely with Shaw.

goosebrown
05-02-2012, 12:42 AM
OK I can respect all that. I was really just wondering if there was some superpower like changing water to wine that I didn't get from the current thread. You know sometimes there is some particular advantage that doesn't get listed anywhere.

Carry on...

FWIW, I keep wanting a .357 Sig which I can't really find a reason to get...

lskok
05-02-2012, 05:40 AM

I'm sorry for the lack of recent information as I don't have any ETA updates. I have been placing weekly calls to ER Shaw to try and get status but unfortunately they can't give me any answers yet. They, along with most other large firearms parts manufactures are swamped with orders and can't keep up with demand. That, and coupled with a personnel change there that has affected them, has make it difficult for me to get answers. I am currently working with their VP to go over my orders but so far this still has not led to any updates on their production timelines. As soon as I get some answers, or even some new estimates, from Shaw I will be posting those.

Regards,

Lance Skok
Gun Shack

snowgetter1
05-02-2012, 08:21 AM
I almost got one to rechamber to 300 wsm for my Striker. But, I already have a 260 ordered with them.

hugegator
05-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm waiting too. I hope something happens soon.

I don't know why so many people have to ask why the 300 BLK. Why do I need to justify it? You might as well ask why own a gun. Because I can. Because I want to use my silencer on it. Because the terrain in my area doesn't lend itself to longer than 150 yard shots. Because I have disposable income.

gnarlytoes
05-03-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm sorry for the lack of recent information as I don't have any ETA updates. I have been placing weekly calls to ER Shaw to try and get status but unfortunately they can't give me any answers yet. They, along with most other large firearms parts manufactures are swamped with orders and can't keep up with demand. That, and coupled with a personnel change there that has affected them, has make it difficult for me to get answers. I am currently working with their VP to go over my orders but so far this still has not led to any updates on their production timelines. As soon as I get some answers, or even some new estimates, from Shaw I will be posting those.

Regards,

Lance Skok
Gun Shack

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured was going on. Maybe the occasional courtesy e-mail to purchasers letting them know about the delay would be appropriate? Even if you couldn't give a definite arrival date, it would be much appreciated on this end.

jeazor
05-06-2012, 08:17 PM
I was also wondering when they would arrive, why would they give us a estimated date and then with no communication continue to bump it month to month on their web site. I will wait as everyone else is but will def be my last business with them and ER.

Opus Dei
05-07-2012, 07:47 PM
I was also wondering when they would arrive, why would they give us a estimated date and then with no communication continue to bump it month to month on their web site. I will wait as everyone else is but will def be my last business with them and ER.
I had the chance to meet Lance and Noemi a couple of weeks ago. They accomodated me, an out-of-town visitor, on an off day so I could get some parts. They're good people; maybe just a little preoccupied with a growing business, imminent birth and routine demands upon time. And Shaw makes decent barrels for the $.

But they're not the only ones with old information on their website. Today, I called McRee Precision to get one of the Savage chassis on sale. And they're out of the specially-priced ones. Yet they failed to update their website advising this. I could've acted petulantly and refused to buy one for lack of status update. But I bought one, anyway. Simply because the chassis reviews and their business reputation are uniformly good.

Hope you get your barrel soon, and it shoots well. :)

hugegator
05-13-2012, 11:08 AM

Me, too. I'm just getting more ticked off everyday, to the point of cancelling the order and selling off all the stuff I got for the build.

If you give someone a deposit and there is no reasonable expectation of product being delivered or even an attempt of communication that things are delayed, at what point do the deposits turn into donations for the company doing the group buy? There's not a lot of difference between taking a deposit and ripping off customers at this point, IMO. How many deposits are out there? Who has them, Gunshack or Shaw? And what are they doing with the cash? If they took in a few hundred deposits, that's not a bad paycheck for nothing but promises (only provided when asked). Wait long enough and all us suckers cancel our orders and that's a neat trick, free money for them.

Should all of us on backorder start calling Shaw directly? I have no problem speed dialing 5 or 6 times a day, if enough people were to do that all day, every day, maybe they'd get something going.

lskok
05-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Me, too. I'm just getting more ticked off everyday, to the point of cancelling the order and selling off all the stuff I got for the build.

If you give someone a deposit and there is no reasonable expectation of product being delivered or even an attempt of communication that things are delayed, at what point do the deposits turn into donations for the company doing the group buy? There's not a lot of difference between taking a deposit and ripping off customers at this point, IMO. How many deposits are out there? Who has them, Gunshack or Shaw? And what are they doing with the cash? If they took in a few hundred deposits, that's not a bad paycheck for nothing but promises (only provided when asked). Wait long enough and all us suckers cancel our orders and that's a neat trick, free money for them.

Should all of us on backorder start calling Shaw directly? I have no problem speed dialing 5 or 6 times a day, if enough people were to do that all day, every day, maybe they'd get something going.

James,

As I have communicated several times, things are out of my control. I had no reason to believe we would have experienced these delays when I took orders. I don't like the circumstances any more than you do. To answer your question on the deposits, I am the one who has the deposits. I do not feel that a $25 deposit was unreasonable since I am the one with the order commitment to Shaw. Please feel free to call me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Lance Skok
Gun Shack LLC
210-858-6882

snowgetter1
05-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Tough to be the middle man. I would say thank you Lance for putting together a great chance to get good barrels cheap. I have a 260 barrel on order and hope for a small shank 30 cal bull barrel group buy in the future.

05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
hugegator, if you cancel your order, and never come back to this site, I will gladly send you $25 to make up for your HUGE loss!

You were bragging about disposable income, now you are crying about $25? REALLY?

hugegator
05-14-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm not crying about $25 at all. It's about the principle of the thing and it seems like I really only need to be irritated with Shaw.

I will admit that I came across as a complete douche in this thread. I apologize for that and won't post here again.

moorepower
05-17-2012, 03:20 PM
There are a bunch of barrel mfgrs that are 4 months or more out.

jeazor
07-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Anyone get their barrel yet? Any new info on when we might expect them?