PDA

View Full Version : Choate Savage Short Action Varmint Stock

51smd
04-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Anyone have one of these. I looking in to getting one for my model 12 .22-250. Just looking for some feed back on how it shoots. I’m only going to be target shooting off a bench and maybe chuck hunting with it. I don’t think I want the sniper version unless some can tell me about some great advantage it my have over the varmint. Thanks Steve

CharlieNC
04-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Got one for my 22-250 a month ago; a lot of nice features and shoots great. As everyone will tell you, a little heavier than others.

51smd
04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
do you hunt or target shoot with it? At 4 pounds I din't think it would be an issue shooting mostly off thr bench. Has it help you with your shot group sizes?

CharlieNC
04-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Weight is approx 3.7lb. I have not used a different stock for this gun, so all I can tell you is that the aluminum v-block bedding is very solid and I have shot 1/2" groups at 200 yards on the bench. I do plan to hunt with it. The side-mounted sling swivels let the stock ride width-wise against your body which provides a bit more stability and comfort with it across your shoulder/back, so I don't have any major concerns about hauling it around. The built in forend rail makes for quick bipod installation and removal, and several recoil and cheek inserts allow quite a bit of personal adjustment. Cosmetically it is average, and I plan to eventually sand away the small molding ridges and paint a nice camo pattern. I would buy this again, it is an excellent value for the money.

tinkerer
04-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Are you right or left handed?

Larry
Tinkerer

CharlieNC
04-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Amphibious (Charles Shackelford), shoot right hand

51smd
04-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Im a right hander. I orderd mine today from Brownell's. They have free shipping on orders over $125.00 you have to enter promo code DQX. Steve..