PDA

View Full Version : Duramaxx + SSS Trigger problems

Wahooo03
04-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Just fitted my 110 barreled action into my new duramaxx. I had to widen the left side of channel next to the recoil lug to get the barrel to FF (instead of rubbing a bit on the right side) but all is good now with that. The problem I'm having occurs when I try to tighten the rear action screw (inserted through the trigger guard). Without the trigger guard, I can tighten the action screw all the way and everything functions just fine. However, the trigger guard (factory) must be rubbing on the trigger somewhere because once it's tightened up, cycling the bolt causes the trigger/sear/hammer/something to release and thus a dry fire. It's pretty strange. No problem if I don't tighten the action screw...and thus don't snug up the trigger guard. Should I remove some material from the top of the trigger guard? I have not drilled/installed the rear screw for the trigger guard yet.

Thanks!
MEC

Dennis
04-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Which SSS trigger do you have? I had a similiar problem, but I had to remove/trim the stock a little more around the trigger area. Make sure all areas of the trigger are clear. All it takes is a slight bind to cause a problem like your having.

I don't think modifying the trigger guard is the answer. It could be causing the problem by putting a bind on the stock affecting the trigger. Again, I had one that had a similiar issue, loosen the action screw, no problem, tighten it up, the problem showed up. I knew something was binding the trigger and I eventually got it out by trimming the stock around all areas of the trigger. I did see a spot on mine where it was hitting the stock and I started there!

Of course, check the trigger guard very closely and make sure the trigger is not hitting it or close to it after tightening.

Wahooo03
04-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks Dennis. I have the competition trigger. I'll take a better look around the stock this evening. It seemed to go in just fine, but it could be just a little spot. It's just weird that the trigger won't even reset.

82boy
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
This is a common problem. You are going to have to make some clearence in the front of the trigger guard, it's a simple job takes 2 minutes, and dremal.

Dennis
04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
This is a common problem. You are going to have to make some clearence in the front of the trigger guard, it's a simple job takes 2 minutes, and dremal.

Thanks Patrick,

That's pretty well what I did with one of mine. I am sure it will correct Wahoooo issue as well. It's unbelieveable, but just very slight pressure on the trigger will make a trigger malfunction!

I wish I would have taken pictures to show what I had to trim, but Patrick pretty well put where the probelm area is. I remember trimming the front side of the trigger area!

PS: DONT' GET TOO WILD WITH THE DREMEL! ;)

Wahooo03
04-30-2012, 09:54 PM

Thanks guys. When you say 'make some clearance', I imagine you mean on the trigger guard itself and not the stock?

82boy
04-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Yes inside the front of the trigger guard. The area where the sear catch is positioned.

pdog06
04-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Like this:

-the notches on the right(rear of trigger opening) are there from the factory
-the ones to the front are all that need done.

hope this helps

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/pdog06_photos/forsale002.jpg

Wahooo03
05-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Done and done. Thanks.