PDA

View Full Version : Savage 210: SLug Warrior 210F - firing pin not hitting primer hard enough

ck25
12-03-2009, 02:28 PM
recently I have been having a problem where the firing pin is not hitting the primer on the lightfield slug shell hard enough to engage the primer. A small dimple is being made on the shell but not with enough force to "fire" the primer? this gun is about 4 years old and has been my successful primary deer gun. the only thing that I can think of is that I added a trigger from sharp shooter supply 3-4 years ago which has been fine, but was the only modification I made to the gun. I'm considering putting the stock trigger back in If I can find it to see if it makes a difference. I doubt the spring on the firing pin is worn to the point where it doesn't create the force it needs to.

any thoughts or direction you guys can provide?

Eric in NC
12-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Gummed up oil or dirt in the bolt body? Clean out the interior of the bolt body and see if it gets better.

crashnrondo
12-04-2009, 10:36 AM
I have a buddy that has the same problem with his gun. The primer strikes look very light, can you adjust the firing pin protrusion on these guns like the center fire guns?

ck25
12-07-2009, 01:04 PM
That would be great if you could do so, is this an option to set the depth of the firing pin? Anyone.

bayhunter
12-15-2009, 01:39 PM
how would you take it apart?

BillPa
12-15-2009, 09:57 PM
That would be great if you could do so, is this an option to set the depth of the firing pin? Anyone.

Here > http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,22691.0.html

As far as light strikes are concerned, I'd be looking for something padding the pin fall, the sear making contact in the stock, inside the bolt assembly or even something as simple as the trigger over travel adjusted too tight or as mentioned, a mixture of dirt,oil and other assorted crud in the bolt assembly including the bolt head shaft.

Bill