PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Prone stock for Mark II FVT?

benzy2
12-03-2009, 05:09 AM
I purchased a Savage Mark II FVT a year or so ago and love it. I like the sights, the trigger, the accuracy. For my abilities the rifle is accurate enough. I was bitten by the prone bug of late. The FVT seems like a great candidate to go into a position style stock. I have been looking at buying a used anschutz with all the bells and whistles but I don't compete and am happy with the accuracy this rifle has shown from the bench. I figure a position style stock for this rifle would get me in the door cheap, leave a bunch of cash for ammo, and then latter on if I feel the rifle is holding me back I would upgrade to a nice Annie.

So that leaves me with the question of where to find such a stock. I was thinking of something with an adjustable butt plate and cheek rest as well as a front rail with hand rest. Something like you would see on an Anschutz 1903 or 1907. Any thoughts? The SSS Match target is the right shape, I just would like to have the adjustable butt plate, cheek rest and a front rail and hand rest which I'm not sure are options.

82boy
12-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Give SSS a call you may be suprised of the options they have.

JCalhoun
12-03-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure if they sell those items but I believe they can install them for you.