PDA

View Full Version : Schneider 6 grove Polygon Rifling 300 Win Mag Barrel 1-11 twist

chesty for president
04-24-2012, 06:31 PM
I came into a few of these barrels all 26 inch stainless bulls 1.07 inches at the muzzle 1-11 twist chambered in 300 Win Mag, all barrels are Savage Pre-fits. My question is this since the barrels were free is it worth even buying an action to run them on or are they not THAT great of barrels. I have never owned a 300 Win Mag but I do have a 308 with a Criterion Bull on it that shoots great. If these are descent barrels Id love to build one just looking for advice here maybe some of you have used these or know more about them. I tried to do some searching just couldnt find much. All barrels have under 200 round count through them so Im guessing they still have a little bit of life left in them. Thank you in advance for any replies or help.

Semper Fi

Blue Avenger
04-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Test them and sell the rejects

chesty for president
04-24-2012, 08:22 PM
How would I know if one was a reject, I have access to very nice video borescope equipment is that what you mean or if they shoot like a 12 gauge with number 8 shot reject them....my shooting skills are not the best lol....I think I know what you mean Sir Thank you for the advice but when I advertise the "rejects" do I say For Sale: A Schneider 6 grove Polygon Rifling 300 Win Mag Barrel 1-11 twist that shoots like shit who wants to buy it...

jeffreyC
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
I will take them off your hands for scrap metal prices, I need some jack handles ;D

Unless they were fired rapid fire they should have some life left.
Schneider barrels are pretty good.

chesty for president
04-25-2012, 03:28 PM
I know for a fact they were on bolt guns every round fired was Black Hills ammo. So Im guessing they do to. Ive never owned a 300 win mag so im slightly concerned about the recoil ill have a muzzle brake installed shortly though. Im getting more info on the barrels that ill keep to myself until I sell some but without question they were extremely well taken care of by an armoror.

Semper Fi

Blue Avenger
04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
How would I know if one was a reject, I have access to very nice video borescope equipment is that what you mean or if they shoot like a 12 gauge with number 8 shot reject them....my shooting skills are not the best lol....I think I know what you mean Sir Thank you for the advice but when I advertise the "rejects" do I say For Sale: A Schneider 6 grove Polygon Rifling 300 Win Mag Barrel 1-11 twist that shoots like crap who wants to buy it...
Leave the red part out, and You will find one or two adventures souls

jeffreyC
04-25-2012, 11:33 PM
All your ad really needs to say:

For Sale: A Schneider 6 grove Polygon Rifling 300 Win Mag Barrel 1-11 twist

drybean
04-25-2012, 11:50 PM
HE is probley like me does not sell junk &
likes to sleep at night !

drybean

Axtell3
04-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Do they come with notches in the barrel?
Sounds like they were used for work.

Eric in NC
04-26-2012, 10:21 AM
How do you have grooves in a polygonal barrel?

chesty for president
04-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Im still pretty new to this if I do end up selling one I will without question post pictures taken with a borescope, I probably need to do that anyway since I am only posting what I was told about the barrels. I apologize in advance to everyone if my statements are incorrect. But without question id never let money exchange hands without thourough inspection and plenty of pictures of the bore or a short video of it. Eric in NC I see what you are saying now brother....I wont post anymore about them....Again fellas I apologize if I screwed up and drybean you are correct brother I never do anybody wrong...Thank you again gentlemen....

Semper Fi

BobT
04-27-2012, 07:23 AM
All your ad really needs to say:

For Sale: A Schneider 6 grove Polygon Rifling 300 Win Mag Barrel 1-11 twist

Remind me never to buy anything from you!

Bob

Blue Avenger
04-27-2012, 07:31 AM
don't worry, I think we are all having a bit of fun with you.

jeffreyC
04-27-2012, 08:03 PM
As he said, he is not the best shot, the barrel may shoot well for someone else.
How many rifles are sold because they are "inaccurate" when the shooter or POS scope the cheapskate put on is to blame ?

Borescope is a different matter.

I would buy one or more from him, as I said unless they were fired rapid fire they will still have plenty of useful life, even without shortening and rechambering.

chesty for president
04-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Daggum BOB T thats Kinda harsh not that I dont deserve it Ha. Everything on heres a good learning experience, this is a hobby that the serious people are very meticulous (sp) and it is understandable. Also I am just learning how expensive it is when you start taking it more serious, I just bought my best scope for example that stung and still stings. I take everything in stride you guys are the masters of this sport/hobby. Im here to learn....Semper Fi

Blue Avenger
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Daggum BOB T thats Kinda harsh not that I dont deserve it Ha. Everything on heres a good learning experience, this is a hobby that the serious people are very meticulous (sp) and it is understandable. Also I am just learning how expensive it is when you start taking it more serious, I just bought my best scope for example that stung and still stings. I take everything in stride you guys are the masters of this sport/hobby. Im here to learn....Semper Fi
I think bob is referring to Jeffery LOL

BobT
04-27-2012, 11:03 PM

I was joshing Jeffery, sorry for the confusion ;D

Actually if you were to decide you wanted to sell I would be interested, Schneider barrels are usually pretty good barrels IME.

Bob

chesty for president
04-27-2012, 11:36 PM
I wonder if i can buy a clue on the Misc. Firearm & Hunting Accessories classifieds section HA....I gotta pay attention

jeffreyC
04-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey now !
I already asked him to sell them to me ! :P

I will take every one he wants to sell.

He should build one for himself though. ;D