PDA

View Full Version : SSS Comp trigger

seanhagerty
04-23-2012, 08:51 PM
I put one in a few months ago. I have maybe 200 rounds through the gun with it. No issues, it adjusted nicely.

The trouble is, I am noticing a grittiness as I am applying pressure to the trigger. It only happens at one moment in the trigger pull.

I have tried adjusting the trigger to remove this with no luck. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sean

82boy
04-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I would say that it is not in the trigger but in the sear, or bolt asembly.

short round
04-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Trigger might need cleaned, try flushing it with lighter fluid. It will clean & lubricate the trigger.

seanhagerty
04-24-2012, 06:34 AM
Thank you both for your thoughts. I have a different bolt I can try. I can see replacing the sear as well.

It will definately get a good cleaning.

Thanks again.

Sean

thomae
04-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Trigger might need cleaned, try flushing it with lighter fluid. It will clean & lubricate the trigger.

I thought lighter fluid was simply naptha. Is there some kind of oil added to it that would have lubrication qualities?

I don't want to start the great "with what do you lubricate (or not lubricate) your sear?" debate again. It is covered in detail on at least one other thread.

I would agree that when you get a "grittiness" and there was none before, dirt or foreign matter is usually the culprit.