PDA

View Full Version : How to remove trigger group for bedding?

jonrobinson
12-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I have an older 110 that I am fixing to bed and need to know how to remove the trigger group. I have searched on it here, and the only link that I can find referred to in posts is broken.

Thanks! I really to appreciate all of the feedback you guys have been giving today to my questions about this project.

Jonrobinson

jonrobinson
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Can anyone explain how to do this please?

Thanks!

wbm
12-02-2009, 09:23 PM
You don't really need to remove the trigger for a basic bedding job on the Savage but it does make the job a bit easier. Go to http://www.e-gunparts.com/products_new.asp?CatID=484 look at the parts drawing. The pin you want to remove is the sear pin...46...Just tap the pin out with a punch that is smaller than the sear pin hole. Be careful when you pull the pin out cause there is a spring on the sear that will go places you don't want it too. Look things over carefully before you remove the trigger so you will know how it is supposed to look when it goes back together. You'll get the hang of it after doing it a few times.

jonrobinson
12-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks! How would you bed it without removing? The trigger assembly is just so close to that area you are bedding.

tinkerer
12-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Actually he's right. The rear action screw is barely bedded at all and about half the rear pillar is cut away afterwards for clearance. I put barely a skim coat on the rear pillar area, a little more on the rear pillar itself. Based on my previous luck (read ALMOST locked up) I disassembled at the 4 hour mark and made sure I had clearance before reassembling. Most of the serious bedding is on the front pillar and recoil lug area, some aroung the blind mag to action area. Almost froze at the mag tape covering.

My 10FP, YMMV.

Larry
Tinkerer