PDA

View Full Version : Brux Blues

Pages : [1] 2

parkj5
04-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Man i ordered a Brux 280 remington, savage varmit contour barrel with the interupted fluting from a smith in Jan.Well i call him last week and check on it and guess what he said he had to order a new blank because he messed up and ordered a 270. ???Now i have to wait 8 more weeks....Man that sucks....

nsaqam
04-20-2012, 09:13 PM
That does suck.

Next time you'll order it yourself I bet.

parkj5
04-21-2012, 06:24 AM
Yes i will but i cannot do the smith work myself .

thomae
04-21-2012, 09:16 AM
At least he was honest enough to let you know that he made a mistake.
That gives him the "personal integrity" grade in my book.

parkj5
04-21-2012, 10:46 AM
But HE should have called me to give me a update.Not me waiting 4 months.And now have to wait 6-8 more weeks.I know everyone makes mistakes im ok with that but call me and let me know something is all i ask.

Toyguy
04-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Man i ordered a Brux 280 remington, savage varmit contour barrel with the interupted fluting from a smith in Jan.Well i call him last week and check on it and guess what he said he had to order a new blank because he messed up and ordered a 270. ???Now i have to wait 8 more weeks....Man that sucks....

Sounds very similar to my situation. Are there others with a story about a smith like this one. Maybe there is a pattern here?

parkj5
04-21-2012, 12:35 PM
I would like to know the answer to that question myself thanks for asking toyguy.

geargrinder
04-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Sounds very similar to my situation. Are there others with a story about a smith like this one. Maybe there is a pattern here?

A vast widespread gunsmithing conspiracy?

Barrel maker's stimulus package?

parkj5
04-21-2012, 01:34 PM

A vast widespread gunsmithing conspiracy?

Barrel maker's stimulus package?

Funny but you are not out over 500 bucks we are.

thomae
04-21-2012, 02:25 PM
But HE should have called me to give me a update.Not me waiting 4 months.And now have to wait 6-8 more weeks.I know everyone makes mistakes im ok with that but call me and let me know something is all i ask.

Yup, I'm with you on the point you are making. He was honest, but he could have and should have let you know proactively.
I am a big believer in letting others know what is going wrong. Not to whine and complain, but to share information.
As I learned early on, (wait for it, now...)"Bad news does not get better with age."

nuclabuyer
04-21-2012, 08:09 PM
www.bugholes.com has some 7mm Brux barrels in stock. Order it from there to the smiths address and tell him it will be there in a couple days and hopefully he will jump you back into line and you can have it quick.

parkj5
04-21-2012, 08:54 PM
So you suggest i spend 500 bucks again??????????I have already paid him for the barrel.

geargrinder
04-21-2012, 09:18 PM

I'm sorry you are out $500.

But, my comment was directed at Toyguy, who was implying that there is some sinister plot amonst the gunsmith trade to keep your barrels from you. He is the funny one.

Toyguy
04-21-2012, 10:52 PM
[quote=parkj5 ]

I'm sorry you are out $500.

But, my comment was directed at Toyguy, who was implying that there is some sinister plot amonst the gunsmith trade to keep your barrels from you. He is the funny one.
[/quote

So geargrinder you think me waiting 8 months and out over $580 is funny, what is funny is parkj5 and I have the same gunsmith.

geargrinder
04-21-2012, 11:40 PM
How would I know that you are using the same gunsmith. ???

I made a comment base on the information given, nothing else. It sounded like you were sitting at your keyboard wearing a tinfoil hat listening for the black helicopters.

Again, I never said or even meant to imply that I was happy about anyone being out any money.

nsaqam
04-22-2012, 03:34 AM
You guys need to find a new gunsmith!!!
There are a ton of great 'smiths out there and your present one sucks rocks!

parkj5
04-22-2012, 06:33 AM
How would I know that you are using the same gunsmith. ???

I made a comment base on the information given, nothing else. It sounded like you were sitting at your keyboard wearing a tinfoil hat listening for the black helicopters.

Again, I never said or even meant to imply that I was happy about anyone being out any money.

It is OK lets move on and see if anyone else has had this issues in the past.

LabRat2k3
04-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Let me see if I'm following you guys here. The smith is making you pay for both barrels, the one he ordered wrong and then the new one? If he ordered the wrong thing the replacement should be on his dime not yours, you already paid for the barrel you want. What happens to the wrong barrels? Do you end up with both or is he building up a stock of wrong" barrels that you guys are paying for?

parkj5
04-22-2012, 11:45 AM
No he is not charging me for the wrong barrel sorry if that got messed up.I ordered a Brux barrel from him on Jan. the 2nd.It was posed to be in in 6 weeks.I called him last week and he stated that he ordered the wrong barrel (I wanted 280 rem. he ordered 270)Im not trying to bash the man i just thought the right thing to do would be to call me.Its called Professional courtesy .I will wait 6 more weeks and hopefully it will be in If not he will be giving me a refund...

Jamie
04-22-2012, 11:58 AM
No he is not charging me for the wrong barrel sorry if that got messed up.I ordered a Brux barrel from him on Jan. the 2nd.It was posed to be in in 6 weeks.I called him last week and he stated that he ordered the wrong barrel (I wanted 280 rem. he ordered 270)Im not trying to bash the man i just thought the right thing to do would be to call me.Its called Professional courtesy .I will wait 6 more weeks and hopefully it will be in If not he will be giving me a refund...

Yep, he should have called you roughly 8 weeks ago then and if it is taking 6-8 weeks to get barrels in then he should have already had the new replacement in. Unless he just let your project sit until you called about it.

I'd be looking for a new 'smith. Yep, things happen but I have ran into too many palces where people have paid for work and it gets started then sits for a year.