PDA

View Full Version : Stock Options for 11FCXP in 308

jbsavage11
04-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Well, I think that it may finally be time to upgrade the old & flexy tupperware stock that came on this rifle. It is a 11FCXP chambered in 308, short action, factory sporter barrel, center feed (4.4" spacing), with the dbm.

I am looking for an upgraded synthetic stock that won't break the bank (sub $225) and retains the factory dbm. This will be a multi purpose gun for the range as well as for hunting. So far, the only two that I have found is the Choate Tactical & Hogue's overmolded stock w/ the full length bedding block (the Hogue won't be available until late May according to the OpticsPlanet website). What is everyone's opinions on these 2?

I am open to other options as well, but I don't feel too comfortable about inletting a stock, so I would prefer that it would come inletted to accept a dbm from the manufacturer.

Thanks!

emn83
04-30-2012, 03:23 PM
I had the same issue as you, with the exact same rifle. Decided to go the blind mag stock, and have a Stockade Roll over cheek thumbhole on order. I figure if I use more than the 4 rounds in the gun and need the speed of a dbm change while hinting I'm doing something wrong. Also, in theory, a blind mag stock will be stiffer since it does not have the cut out in it. it was like $240 after shipping for the money saver, and it takes like 16-20 weeks to get, but from what I've read, it's totally worth it, and Kevin Rayhill was very easy for me to work with, and very helpful.

know it wasn't what you were looking for, but that was my experience being in the same position