PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 93R17FV scoped combo review

Woodser
04-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Just purchased one to eliminate some of the dpzens of ground squirrels that invade my melon patch every fall. The little buggers bore 1.5" holes in water, musk, and honeydew melons to eat the seeds, just as the melons reach full ripeness. I am damn tired of it. So.....

I bought several boxes of the Federal Premium 17 grain HMR loading (P771), and went to my back 40 "range". After bore sighting and 10 rounds to put it in the bull center at 50 yards, I shot several groups. Largest was 7/16", smallest was 5/16". It is the most accurate factory rimfire rifle I have ever shot. 50 yards is the distance between my back patio and the center of the melon patch.

Placing a few ears field corn along the edges of the melon patch, the ground squirrels became almost immediately evident. So far, six of them have gone to the great squirrel arena in the sky. Hallelujah!

I am a happy camper. If anyone has need of a 17 rimfire, I can enthusiastically recommend the Savage 93 FV. For just over $200 on sale, it was a bargain, IMHO.
;D

sgreen3
05-10-2012, 12:57 PM
I have the same rifle in 22mag and its a tac driver, Congrats on the purchase!