PDA

View Full Version : Thumb hole stock for a Savage 12 FCV?

bkhartman
04-13-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm looking at the different manufactures of stocks but I haven't seen any on the Sav 12FCV .204. Anyone know where to go? Thanks Brian

fossil
04-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Hi there! Take a look at the banners above this post - you'll see Stocky's and Boyd's adverts. They both offer thumbhole stocks. I have two of Stocky's: an LRS and a LRV. Pretty nice for the money!

fossil

bkhartman
04-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Hi there! Take a look at the banners above this post - you'll see Stocky's and Boyd's adverts. They both offer thumbhole stocks. I have two of Stocky's: an LRS and a LRV. Pretty nice for the money!

fossil

Thanks for the reply, I have looked at them but didn't see what I need. The 12FCV has a detachable mag and I have not found anything for it. I think I should just call them Thanks Friend Brian

rjtfroggy
04-14-2012, 06:40 AM
If my memory serves me at one time Stocky's may of had some but I have not seen one for quite awhile.
I think your only hope is to get a blind mag model then either do the inletting yourself or find a smith or wood worker who will do it for you.
I had the same problem a few years ago and just decided to turn my model 11 243 into a blind mag.

bkhartman
04-16-2012, 10:23 PM
If my memory serves me at one time Stocky's may of had some but I have not seen one for quite awhile.
I think your only hope is to get a blind mag model then either do the inletting yourself or find a smith or wood worker who will do it for you.
I had the same problem a few years ago and just decided to turn my model 11 243 into a blind mag.

Was thinking converting to blind mag as well it would be the easiest way. Thanks guys Brian