PDA

View Full Version : PTG Uni-Throater W/Adjustable Reamer Stop

leatherlunger
04-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Hello, just wondering if anyone has used PTG's Uni-Throating reamers with adjustable reamer stop? I have talked to Dave about them and am pretty sold on purchasing a .308 unithroater, just wondering if any of you have any personal expierance with them. I am planning on building a 20" .308 Remage and throating it for the berger 200 hybrid. I build all my guns on long actions with internal box mags, so mag length will never be an issue on .308win/.284win/.30-06 based cartridges. My Goal with the gun is to acheive roughly 2300 to 2400fps or more and seat the base of the bottail at the neck/shoulder junction. I have some other rifles could really take advantage of high bc heavies with a longer throat. Oh and by the way Jim's CBI Remage barrels are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Best of both worlds if you ask me and he always has a good selection in stock.

SMK Shoe
04-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Ive got two of them. One in 223 and one is 6.5mm. Very useful and very easy to use. Just measure alot and take your time. It os harder to put metal back than to make a couple shorter cuts.

leatherlunger
04-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Thank you for setting my mind at ease. I cant wait to install some longer leads and ring out cartridge potential.

leatherlunger
04-15-2012, 11:56 PM
smkshoe, what cartridges in 223 and 264 did you throat? What bullets/weights did you throat for?