PDA

View Full Version : avarage wait time

earl39
04-12-2012, 10:27 PM
I have a brux barrel on order that i ordered last september and was just wondering what everyones average wait time had been? This is thru SSS and i am not wanting a Fred bashing because he does good work but this is my first barrel from him so the question would be is this a normal timetable for a barrel?

pdog06
04-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Most are told it will be 6-8 weeks. Most I have seen take much longer due to various reasons(extreme workload, etc). That being said, if you have not been ringing their phone what in the **ll have you been waiting for? I would say that 7 months is WAY more than enough time to make a barrel.

These long waits absolutely suck(i waited 22 weeks for my Brux to be done), but the good thing is that you know it will be done right. They are not the only ones who have a long wait either. Its become the nature of the aftermarket gun industry.

When you ordered it how long did they tell you the wait would be?

earl39
04-12-2012, 11:48 PM
When you ordered it how long did they tell you the wait would be?

Been so long i really don't remember other than i was told they were waiting on barrel barrel blanks at the time. Week before last i was told they were waiting on a reamer. I am at the point that i hope the quality is worth the wait. This is my first cut rifled barrel. All my others are button rifled.

rjtfroggy
04-13-2012, 06:50 AM
This could get ugly.
From experience go get some patients pills.

82boy
04-13-2012, 10:06 AM
With all the panic buying that started, and never slowed down just about every barrel maker you can name is way behind. The fastest you will ever see any barrel is 6-8 weeks, (Now remember when SSS has to wait that amount of time from the barrel maker for them to get a blank then they have to chamber it.) comming from the manufactor. Even with pre fits comming directly from a manufactor (Not SSS) I have see wait time latley past 12 weeks. It not just barrels, a popular action maker who makes many actions a year is now past a 1 year wait from the time you order an action untill you get it. I know where your at I have a Brux barrel on order from SSS, I dont remember how long its been, (And I dont care, when it get done it gets done.) but I has been a few weeks, and the barrel is still not at SSS. All I can say is with my past experince with Brux, I dont care if it take 2 years to get the dang thing, it is WELLL worth the waite. I own many barrels and my Brux barrels are the best shooters, this is why I ordered another , and not something else.

psharon97
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
SSS is building a 7mm remington magnum. I started the build by ordering a barrel and a stock in the beginning of November. They didn't tell me the barrel and the stock were ready until end of Janruary and SSS is still waiting on a part to finish the rifle. I would imagine about a 2 month wait time for the blank to be delivered and another month for the chamber to cut.

earl39
04-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys. Guess i will just go fishing and kill some time.

clambdin
04-14-2012, 12:57 PM
I ordered 2 Brux in Dec. Had em in 12 weeks..