PDA

View Full Version : L clip blind mag?

DarnYankee
04-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Any one have pictures of different installs on these?

DarnYankee
04-08-2012, 05:28 PM
I guess what I am wondering is how many people have cut off the area that straddles the action screw? If you are using pillars it pretty much has to go in order for the action to rest on the pillar. Correct?

thejimmster
04-17-2012, 04:01 PM
What type of stock are your using? I have the CF Blind Mag mounted in a B&C Duramax.

jpdown
04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
I never understood how a design with a loose L-clip under the action could do anything for optimum rifle accuracy. I throw the L-clip away. I pillar/bed my action first. Many of the aftermarket stocks I've purchased had an oversized blind magazine well. I'm not sure about the newer aftermarket centerfeed stocks. So, I cut a small strip of business card and placed it between the bolt and mag lips (spacing purposes) and tape the mag box to the action in the correct position. I then press four small balls of plummer's epoxy putty in each corner of the stock well. Apply release agent to the mag box. Attach action with mag box to the stock pressing the bottom of the mag box into the epoxy putty. Tighten action bolts to the desired torque. Let it set for 5 minutes and remove action and mag box from the stock. This allows you to easily trim away any excess putty before it completely hardens. Now you have a solid base on which to set and hold the mag box in the well at the correct height/position for reliable feeding. Also, the mag box/lips are not contacting the action or bolt I then put 2 small wood screws in the grooves on each side of the mag box to keep the spring and follower from pushing it up against the action. Others dremel out a groove over the back pillar and bed the L-clip in place.