PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage Mark II FV, 44mm Scope ring Hight?

jstanfield103
04-07-2012, 09:13 AM
This will be my second post and as stated in my first post, I am usually a pistol shooter, just now getting into rifles. I ordered a Mueller 8-32x44mm scope, I have several sets of scope rings but all are low. My rifle is a Savage (of course) Mark II FV. I believe the low rings will be just fine, but wondered what size scope rings are being used for the 44mm Mueller. I read a couple postings here and they mentioned the Mueller scopes, so I know at least a couple people are using them here. I hope they chime in, I would like to have the proper scope rings here when the scope arrives.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Respectfully
Jeff

EdKin
04-10-2012, 08:34 PM
On my 17hmr heavy barrel I had to go with med rings with 44mm the lows cleared enough you could see between the 2 but couldn't get covers on the scope. I had a set of weaver rings low that a 40mm would not work.

jstanfield103
04-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Thank you EdKin, I appreciate the response. I was going to order the proper set before the scope got here and have them here about the same time. But after reading the specs on the scope, I believe you are correct that the low rings will just barely clear the barrel. I will probably have trouble getting the scope covers on. I also have the same problem on my model S&W Model 41. I figure I will cut a path on the bottom of the covers to clear the barrel. I am a shorter guy so I want the scope as close to the barrel as possible for proper cheek hold. I have a set of UTG low rings that are quick release that I hope will work. If not I will be hunting this weekend for a pair. Scope should be hear on Friday or Saturday. Can't wait to get the rifle out.

jstanfield103
04-14-2012, 08:45 AM
We'll Edkin the rings barley rubbed the scope I did order the Barska A10340 that you suggested, Thanks again for the reply.