PDA

View Full Version : Bedding a boyds

Pages : 1 [2]

thomae
05-02-2012, 05:17 PM
It is a nominal 3/8 in thread. I can't remember if it is coarse (16tpi) or fine (24tpi)

blackdog
05-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Is tapeing the action screws an ok way to center the pillars around the holes in the action? I was thinking about taping the tang with a few layers of tape to provide clearance and just bedding the whole thing. Has anyone tried this and would it work?

Thanks

blackdog
05-13-2012, 11:47 PM
I drilled out the screw holes and relieved the recoil lug. When I put the pillars down over the headless bolts into the stock I have some play side to side but none front to back. The bolts are centered in the pillars with electrical tape. Is this cool or should I relieve some more in the screw holes? Don't want to have anything binding.

cgeorgemo
05-14-2012, 03:53 AM
I drilled out the screw holes and relieved the recoil lug. When I put the pillars down over the headless bolts into the stock I have some play side to side but none front to back. The bolts are centered in the pillars with electrical tape. Is this cool or should I relieve some more in the screw holes? Don't want to have anything binding.

I wrap them with tape as well to center them in the pillars. Try to keep epoxy out of the pillars.

blackdog
05-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice on this site. Just got done with my first bedding job and it turned out much better than I thought it would. Now I need to get out and see if it shoots any better.

Thanks

cgeorgemo
05-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice on this site. Just got done with my first bedding job and it turned out much better than I thought it would. Now I need to get out and see if it shoots any better.

Thanks

Your Welcome....
As your knowledge and experience grows be sure to pay it forward.

devildogandboy
05-21-2012, 04:43 PM
8) i love this site and all the people on it, you give me the confidence i need to start out on my own and try things i wouldn't normally. thank you knowledgeable people for sharing with us newbies to this stuff! it's very much appreciated!