PDA

View Full Version : New Model 11 Hunter (Wood) Detach Mag

22BVGord
04-02-2012, 03:39 PM
I just picked up this rifle in .308 and am checking around to see what the comments are re this model. Model 110 info seems to be everywhere but not the 11. Boyd's Prairie stocks appear to cover Model 11 with a blind mag but not with the detach. mag. I don't see a need to replace the stock but one never knows. Was this model not much of a seller? I put on a 3-9 Bushnell Firefly/Loopy bases,rings but have not had a chance to get it out yet. Comments?

teebirdhyzer
04-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Man that rifle is very desirable. The centerfeed short action DBM rifles, although having limited stock options, are good for builds. You would have no problem selling that .308 barrel if you decided to upgrade it, and There are fantastic aftermarket stocks by HS Precision, MCMillan, and others that are made for this rifle. If you want a budget aftermarket stock, you can get a hogue for about $100 or stick with the blind mag aftermarket stuff by Stocky's or Boyds. I have a couple of the DBM versions that I built off of and love them.

rjtfroggy
04-03-2012, 06:14 AM
When looking for info on the model 11 just look up model 10 same thing for any two digit model number,the main differance is the finish on them.
For ref. 2 digits are short action 3 digits are long action (that is for newer rifles).
As for a stock you will need to go to a custom maker or buy a blind mag and convert your's or send one out to be fitted for the dbm or DYU with dremmel or a mill.
Model 11's are everywhere sold as good as or better than any others.

Corprin
04-03-2012, 09:11 AM
As mentioned before the "10-series" rifles are short action (10, 11, 12, etc) with the second digit denoting finish.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-403/aluminum-bedded-savage-stock/Detail

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-404/H-dsh-S-Precision-Pro-dsh-Series-M24/Detail

I personally have the M24 style under my 10FP-HS and love it, and as soon as Northlander gets back to me, I will have the other stock under the 12LRP I will be ordering.

Welcome, and enjoy.

243LPR
04-05-2012, 10:57 PM
LRP comes in a HS stock already,why change? I'm satisfied with mine.

airaddict
04-06-2012, 03:33 PM
I have my model 11 DBM in a VLP stock w stainless bottom metal and it looks sharp. SSS will inlet any stock for you for the use of bottom metal for a nominal price.

Brian