PDA

View Full Version : Model 111, 7mm rem mag stock question

Trailer Guy
04-02-2012, 01:01 AM
About 10 years ago my father gave me a model 111 7mm rem mag, with a side button mag release. I've never done much with it, besides shoot it, and have thought about playing with it some. So I'm currently in the market for a stock for it. I'm ideally looking for a pistol grip or maybe a thumbhole style. I will be mounting bypods. I'm no super freakin, "better group than yours", type of guy, looking for more something for fun. The biggest problem I'm finding is that I don't see any for side release mags. Maybe I'm just missing something cause I don't know. I'd also love to find a larger capacity mag, 3 rounds a shot just sucks, but I think that's a pipe dream. Anyhow, looking for help, as I've spent my life around guns and shooting, just only shooting what I have, not modifying it. Time to change that a bit. lol

GaCop
04-02-2012, 07:49 AM
It's hard to find anything for the old side button release. I have seen stocks on Numrich's web site so that's a good place to start. I can't recall seeing any after market magazines that will fit it. Your best bet is to find a later model 110/10 in a pawn or gun shop and build off of that, plenty of aftermarket support for them. Welcome to the forums!