PDA

View Full Version : Factory trigger question(s)

BruceH
03-31-2012, 09:54 PM
I had a chance to pick up a used 110 30-06 today and noted that the trigger pull seemed rough. Once I got the action out of the stock, I noted that the trigger group had some rust and probably had never been oiled or cleaned. I took the unit off and apart and the first thing I noticed is that the safety bearing pin in the trigger bracket assembly will fall out either side very easily. It looks like it is supposed to be more of a permanent pin. Am I correct? It is making reassembly very difficult as it keeps falling out. I guess I could brad each end to help keep it in, but thought I would seek knowledge here first. Thanks in advance.

Edited. Well, after doing what I should have done before posting - read the Wood's disassembly manual - I see that it is meant to be removable. The ends have a little corrosion (crud) on them and I assumed they were braded at one time. I guess the spring tension is meant to hold them in during reassembly and the stock recess will keep it from working out later?

sharpshooter
03-31-2012, 11:07 PM
The safety detent spring is what keeps it in place. It is easiest to install the pin , then the safety bar,pushing the safety to the on position. This will capture the pin while assembling into the receiver.

BruceH
04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
SS,

Yep, that worked. I was basically overthinking the issue.