PDA

View Full Version : Boyds stock

rc109a
03-28-2012, 09:46 PM
I really like the look of these stocks, but noticed that they are all for blind mags. Am I missing something? Does anyone modify these for hinged floorplate (I don't have the tools for this operation)? I like the looks of the pepper laminate, but without the cutouts it is a no go... Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

airaddict
03-28-2012, 11:46 PM
SSS inlets stocks for bottom metal for a modest fee. The wait is usually around a month or so. But i have never heard bad about the work they do. You shouldnt be disappointed.

Brian

snowgetter1
03-29-2012, 12:12 AM
If you can borrow a dremel with a mill bit you can do it. If you take your time I am sure it will look better than mine.
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb465/snowgetter1/DSCN0308.jpg

rc109a
03-29-2012, 09:50 AM
It is still a toss up to get a synthetic stock or a nice wooden one. Since I am going to hunt and shoot at the range, it is a bit of a decision. I really like the wooden stocks, but I know they require bedding to make them accurate (or so I have been led to believe). I just don't have the skills or time to inlet the stock and still make it look nice.

airaddict
03-29-2012, 11:11 AM
I personally am still debating getting a boyds for hunting season and keep my nice vlp for the offseason. I do think the thumbhole stock reduce recoil a bit since some is takin up by ur hand instead of ur shoulder. my vlp is the DBM version so i would flip to have SSS inlet it (and maybe install pillars while its there) so i can move the bottom metal over. Then ill bed it with devcon once it returns.

Its really to bad duramaxx doesnt make DBM versions or i would get one. Ive.considered the hogue stocks but ive heard bad things about the flex in the forearm and im partial to wood. It just feels better than a piece of plastic.

Brian