PDA

View Full Version : What after market Stocks are available for 10-fcp-k

kfschmied
03-27-2012, 12:16 AM
I purchased an 10-fcp-k last summer. It shoots great but the comb on the stock really stinks. I am looking for an aftermarket stock or an adjustable cheek rest I can install on the current stock. None of the aftermarket stocks mention the accustock on this rifle so I am not sure what will work with it.
In fact I do not see any reference to the 10-fcp-k on the websites I have looked at
I like this one from Choate:
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/medium/666/666123.jpg

but I am not sure if one is made for the rifle I have.
Any suggestion would be appreciated

hafejd30
03-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Check out the karsten adjustable cheek rest. Im not sure about that stock. This stock might be only for pre accu-stock models only or require some work to fit. Others may be able to shed more light on this

kfschmied
03-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Check out the karsten adjustable cheek rest. Im not sure about that stock. This stock might be only for pre accu-stock models only or require some work to fit. Others may be able to shed more light on this

I saw the Karsten cheek rest. They look pretty nice. The only thing is I read a review of an FN sniper rifle the FBI uses that have these cheek rests on them and the person doing the review said they have a tendency to slip.

I am not sure that this would be relevent with my rifle but it does give me reason to wonder.

rusty815
03-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Kevin Rayhill at stockade gun stocks can make a stock for you, just give him a call, hes an interesting guy to talk to.

hafejd30
03-27-2012, 12:55 AM
I made my comb out of a piece of wood with my pocket knife. Made the correct heigth I needed, drilled two holes in the wood and stock and installed nails to keep it from slipping. The put my blackhawk cheek rest over the top. Holds excellant and solid as a rock. I colored the rear of the wood block so its un-noticeable from the rear of the gun.

With a little inletting around the trigger gaurd it would probably work with the choate but dont quote me on that. Theres a xlr evolution chasis system for that action but there expensive. Or check out manners, mcmillan or stockades. They may be able to inlet one for you