PDA

View Full Version : Convert from new(bottom) bolt release to old (side) style?

memilanuk
03-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Is there any easy way to do this? I have a 10PC-SR with the bottom bolt release in an Accu-stock that just ain't doing it for me. The gun shoots okay, but that stock and I don't agree ;) I'd like to pitch the stock and get a new one, but I gather that there aren't many stocks out there that accommodate this style of bolt release, as well as it precluding upgrading to some sort of AI-compatible DBM system.

I'm guessing the answer is 'no' but I figured I'd check around...

Monte

82boy
03-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Is there any easy way to do this?

Yup, sell the gun and buy another.

Check with SSS, I think they have a modified sear release that does what your looking for. I remember they had problems fitting the SSS triggers to the bottom releases sears, and modifed something to work.

sharpshooter
03-26-2012, 04:07 PM
What I did was tack a side release lever on the existing sear, and use a standard trigger guard with a spacer. Next time I do one I'll post a pic.

nsaqam
03-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Did you have to mill a flat on the right side receiver bridge as the side release actions have?

DarnYankee
03-26-2012, 08:25 PM
I just ordered an new thumb hole stock, barrel recoil lug and barrel nut. I called Savage and they said that the only difference with the accu stock is the recoil lug. I got the stock today and hope to have the rest of the stuff by weekend. I believe that the stock will only need some relieving for the trigger guard. My accu stock is a DBM and I am going to make it a blind mag. It will not be a repeater any way. I hope to know more by this time next week.

sharpshooter
03-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Did you have to mill a flat on the right side receiver bridge as the side release actions have?

No, I did not. The lever does lay close, and you must relieve some from the stock for clearance.

DILLIGAF
11-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Pics ? I need some info for my tac21 build.