PDA

View Full Version : SSS trigger set screws

memilanuk
03-26-2012, 11:04 AM
I have an SSS Competition trigger installed on my wife's F/TR rifle. Unfortunately somewhere here recently one of the set screws backed out and has been lost. Does anyone here know what size screw I need to be looking to order?

Thanks,

Monte

sharpshooter
03-26-2012, 04:09 PM
How about I just send you some.

memilanuk
03-26-2012, 04:24 PM
That would be great... check your email please.

Thanks,

Monte

pdog06
03-26-2012, 07:33 PM
May wanna use some medium strength locktite this time. Normally you do not need it but when the threading is nice and clean they can back out pretty easily. I have had a couple of them do this. Not just a SSS though. Also had a Sav2 do it.

memilanuk
03-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I had a Sav2 do it back when I first got it - safety engagement screw moved in, making the last couple shots in a string a real bear ;)

I was less than impressed when the guy who answered the phone told me to take the screw out and squeeze it in a pair of vise grips to booger up the threads so it didn't turn so easy ::) I went with fingernail polish instead. - not as much over kill as Loctite for that small of a screw, but it never moved again ;)

sharpshooter
03-26-2012, 11:29 PM
The triggers are actually staked to make the set screws snug, but with repeated adjusting sometimes they loosen up. A trick I learned: clean the set screws with lacquer thinner to remove all oils, then use a drop of finger nail polish on the threads, let it dry before you install it. It works like those screws with a ny-lock insert.