PDA

View Full Version : RCBS "X" Dies

ICUDIEN
11-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Has anybody used them or had any experience with them? I dont see how they could making the brass so u never have to trim again :-\

steveinwv
12-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I use them for my .223. The way they are made assures that the brass will never grow beyond where you set the die. It also controls neck thickening. However, I wouldn't say that the brass will last forever.

RustyW
12-05-2009, 09:10 PM
I use them in .223 & .308. I trim once after the 1st sizing, then just set the die per instructions and that's it. So far it's worked great. The expander ball/decapping pin mandrel has a step machined on it in which the case mouth bottoms out on and the die won't let the case grow on the next sizing.

Der Verge
12-05-2009, 10:14 PM
I had them for my 7 mag. I could not tell they did anything different from a standard set. I cannot say I will ever spend the extra money again. Actually, I will spend the extra money, and buy a set of Redding Dies. Just my experience.

Steve in PA
12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
I use them in my .223 (M4 Bushmaster) and .30/06 (M1 Garand).

Size in a regular die, trim to specified length and then set up the X-die. Next time you reload, just use the X-die and you won't have to worry about having to trim again. I have several firings through .223 and .30/06 brass using the X-die and have never needed to trim.

The X-die has a mandrel that mates up with the case mouth to stop the brass from "growing". It works.