PDA

View Full Version : New parts for 308

DarnYankee
03-22-2012, 05:07 PM
I placed an order today to reconfigure my accu stock/ trigger 308win. Ordered a new thumb hole stock from stockys the Black and grey, a 26'' varment barrel, recoil lug, barrel nut and stainless bolt handle from NSS. Guess I need to call Savage and get the part ordered to convert my dbm to a hidden and pick up some longer action screws. I think the black and grey stock with stainless barrel and handle with the black action will look good. Now the wait begins!!

ellobo
03-22-2012, 07:25 PM
To complete "the look" get a stainless barrel nut. Put a stainless trigger guard and nut on when I built my .35 Whelen. Ads a bit of class.

El Lobo

gotcha
03-22-2012, 08:08 PM
I like your ideas Yankee. I like lobos too. But took it a step further. Used a Stevens 200 action which I duracoated stainless. added stnls trigger guard, bolt handle, rear baffle, BAS, BBL nut & BBL. Also EGW clear aluminum base w/ Burris nickel Z rings. The Leupold scope is black but complements the colors in the Stockey's thumb hole. (LVT) Ain't it wonderful what a little imagination (& cash) can do :D Good luck w/ your project. I bet it'll turn out really nice. ...........Danged Reb ;)

DarnYankee
03-23-2012, 06:34 AM
The new nut I ordered is stainless. thanks to the input of Jim at NSS. I think the trigger gaurd is a great idea. Kinda on the fence over having a brake installed tho. It would be nice but dont know if its necessary. Woke up this morning and thought I may call Jim and change from the .700 barrel to the .800, guess I may have to flip a coin.

gotcha
03-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Flip away ! It's all part of the disease. Might as well SAVOR it ;D