PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: model 40 extraction

rjtfroggy
03-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Have a shot at a NIB model 40 22 hornet but I am wondering about the extraction of fired cases.
I was told that there was a problem and am wondering if anyone had an issue with them.
I need to know before noon tomorrow 3/23 so I can decide whether or not to bid on it.

short round
03-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Have not had a problem with mine, it extracts & ejects brass very well. Bought five years ago.

terrier
03-23-2012, 05:23 AM
I had issues with mine right out of the box. It went back to Savage (no cost to me) and they replaced all of the extractor parts and had it back in about 10 days. No issues since then. I should note that I bought is just after it came out and a lot of the early ones had the problem but not the later ones.
Terrier

rjtfroggy
03-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. As of now it won't matter for a while, got sniped with under 5 minutes someone jumped in and hit "buy it now". There is another but not thumbhole and is used for the same price.
Maybe I will just wait for a model 25.

MaDa
03-23-2012, 07:11 PM
I believe new m25's will have barrel nuts. Something my 223 does not. Someone else may be able to chime in though and verify this. I know one of the pictures on the website showed a smooth barrel nut don't know if they'll get it across the board though.