PDA

View Full Version : Model 110 E .30-06 Good value as Starter Savage

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ellobo
04-22-2012, 03:44 PM
ellobo
Can you get pre-fit Savage barrels from MidwayUSA any more? I haven't seen them on there lately.

cgeorge, I checked the Midway website and found a bunch of E.R. Shaw and Shilen barrels for Savage. Tooks some digging but they are there. Get to the Savage parts page and at the top type in Savage Barrels, then scroll through the parts and you will eventualy see some barrels.

El Lobo

Jamie
04-22-2012, 04:14 PM
(yes I do know that the .308 shoots flatter, but you can still get more than enough accuracy to take a deer at 600 without changing parts.

Huh?

I'm with you stangfish.

The OP asked about switching to a .308 I was simply mentioning that with a little practice on the rifle and some good loads, you do not need to switch to a .308

I thought you were saying the 308 shoots flatter than the 30-06.

It does, but unless you are shooting competition with handloads, you probably would not even notice it.

The .30-06 is at minimum 100 fps faster and in most cases 150 fps faster.

JackinSD
04-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Jamie,

That has long since been resolved.

jackzeller
04-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I need one of those .308's too. Wait, i own one, and it does NOT shoot flatter than my '06...but hey, both great calibers! :D

handirifle
04-23-2012, 01:49 AM
Awww give the guy a break, he apologized for it already. ;)

Corprin
04-23-2012, 09:27 AM
ellobo
Can you get pre-fit Savage barrels from MidwayUSA any more? I haven't seen them on there lately.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?&sortby=1&itemsperpage=20&newcategorydimensionid=3309

cgeorgemo
04-23-2012, 08:12 PM
cgeorge, I checked the Midway website and found a bunch of E.R. Shaw and Shilen barrels for Savage. Tooks some digging but they are there. Get to the Savage parts page and at the top type in Savage Barrels, then scroll through the parts and you will eventualy see some barrels.

El Lobo

I should have said can you get A&B barrels on there for Savage pre-fit. I have a 22-250 varmint A&B barrel that I bought from there and it is a great shooter.

JackinSD
04-23-2012, 08:36 PM

El Lobo

I should have said can you get A&B barrels on there for Savage pre-fit. I have a 22-250 varmint A&B barrel that I bought from there and it is a great shooter.

You can get A&B barrel blanks, but unless I missed everything, you cannot get them pre-fit. You might have at one time, but not now.

thomae
04-23-2012, 10:39 PM

El Lobo

You can get A&B barrel blanks, but unless I missed everything, you cannot get them pre-fit. You might have at one time, but not now.

This is currently the ONLY prefit for savage 10/110 in stock that I could find.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/390419/e-r-shaw-barrel-kit-savage-110-series-small-shank-243-winchester-factory-contour-1-in-10-twist-24-stainless-steel