PDA

View Full Version : Help with project

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

ctrout
04-01-2012, 12:19 PM
This project has consumed my thoughts for the better part of the past two weeks. I was very excited and happy to see it finally come to completion but now I am kind of bummed that it is over. I guess it is time for me to come down from the mountain top. I think I need another project. Hey, I have this spare barrel nut sitting in my safe...

stangfish
04-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Chris, All of us have watched as you and the donors worked this project. It was a good ride. You have earned your place in the Savage Shooters Hall of Fame as well as the others that helped you make this happen(you know who you are). GOOD FORM my Brother.

Fish

JW
04-01-2012, 01:18 PM
This project has consumed my thoughts for the better part of the past two weeks. I was very excited and happy to see it finally come to completion but now I am kind of bummed that it is over. I guess it is time for me to come down from the mountain top. I think I need another project. Hey, I have this spare barrel nut sitting in my safe...

After getting to know you the past couple of weeks through this project, I got a feeling something will come up ;)
Jack

pchecketts
04-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Hello to all, my name is Paul Checketts, i am the father of the Eagle Scout, as my friend wrote in this forum Jeff has had to take a back seat to life alot as he grew up, has seen lots of hurdles in his life, but he has hit them all with a smile never asking for a thing in return, he is more than honored to own this beautiful rifle, our family has a long time tradition of never selling nor trading a weapon that was given, and as for myself as his father there are no words that can describe my appreciation to all of you who have assisted in this project, thank you so very muchh

ellobo
04-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Paul, it was an honor to have been part of this effort. Considering the the problems your family has had over the years I consider it also a privilage to have been a small part of the making of this rifle. I and all who hae visited this project are looking forward to seeing any and all pictures of his receiving that rifle. And my thanks to Chris for letting me be a part of it.
Oops, wrote this before I knew there were pictures on the post. Great stuff. One fine looking young man. Wouldn't surprise me if he became a senator from Idaho someday.

El Lobo

fgw_in_fla
04-01-2012, 04:07 PM
To Mr. Paul Checketts,
In these unusual times of the "me" generation & the entitlement generation, it does my heart good to see there are still folks out there that really "get it". They are the folks that will always prevail throughout life.
I for one am honored that I was able to play a small part in this whole gift project as it was presented by Chris as an honorable cause. Also, he presented himself as an honorable man. Reading his words made me as well as the others here WANT to take an involvement. Our only wish is for him (your son) to continue to do well & excell in everything he does. May you someday find a cure for your situation and always know, y'all will be in my prayers.
The best to you & your family,

Frank in Fla ;)

P.S. -- And Jr,.... you owe me a piece of smoked deer meat! Don't forget :o

JW
04-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Paul
First I would like to welcome you to the site, there are a bunch of goods folks here wanting and willing to help with questions and suggestions about a lot of different things concerning firearms among other things.
I realized this morning when I was looking at the pictures and vidieo of Chris and yourself presenting the rifle to your son that this project was about MUCH more than just a rifle. ( kind of knew it all along).
Thanks again to Chris and your family for allowing me to be part of this
Got a feeling there is going to be a full freezer next hunting season!
Your and yours are in my prayers
Jack

ctrout
05-12-2012, 02:42 AM
I know it's been a long time but I just wanted to report back on this project one last time. I had the opportunity to take this rifle out with Mr. Checketts and plink around with it a bit after we got the elevation issue taken care of with a new scope mount. This gun is a SHOOTER!. I'd still like to get it on a set of bags and a bench rather than my Lead Sled off my tailgate but preliminary results show this as easily being a sub-MOA performer. I'm unsure yet as to whether I'll be back in country for elk season this fall but if I am, hopefully I will be able to post pictures of a trophy.

fgw_in_fla
05-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Hey Chris!!!

Haven't heard form you in a few weeks. I'm glad to hear the "project" rifle is doing good.

Take care while away & hope to hear from you when you get back home. If you didn't live so far away, I'd come by & take you to lunch ;)

Stay in touch & Stay well.

Frank in Fla

ctrout
05-12-2012, 04:23 AM
I appreciate the sentiment. Your tax dollars are buying me lunch every day. It's chow hall food but it keeps me alive!

barrel-nut
05-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Actually, it's more like- you guys keep US alive. Y'all deserve better. Thank you for your service to others, both in this project and to your country.

If there's anything young Mr. Checkett could use to help fuel his reloading interest, PM me and I'll try to help.

fgw_in_fla
05-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Hey - B-nut has a spendiferous idea! I've got duplicate in a lot of stuff since I'm a '06 affecionado. I can't shoot them worth squat, but I do like 'em... Chris, if you can find out OR have him PM one of us, we may have just what he needs.

Stay well,

Frank in FLa

ellobo
05-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Chris, If the young man is interested in reloading, somewhere in my stash I have a set of RCBS small base dies he is welcome to. I will never need them again. I don't have a .30-06 anymore and the hunting buddy I loaded for died 3 yrs ago. Small base because he had a Remington autoloader.

El Lobo

Hooker
05-16-2012, 11:31 PM
I have spent 2 hours following this one thread. It makes me feel good knowing that there are still good people out there thanks for your military and humanitarian service. I hope to be able to do something great for someone, someday. You certainly kicked me into drive. Hope to see a big trophy picture in the future. Good job to everyone who made this possible.