PDA

View Full Version : Help with project

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

JW
03-23-2012, 04:07 PM
sounds like you have it all coming your way
Man that rifle would look good in a new Boyds stock :)

ctrout
03-23-2012, 04:10 PM
That is no lie! JRS in pepper laminate or just plain walnut would be awesome but we are quickly approaching the deadline.

Edit: I just looked and see that they don't offer the JRS anymore but the Classic sure looks nice. Not crazy about the look of the Prairie Hunter though. Anybody own one of these who can comment on the fit and quality of either one of them?

fgw_in_fla
03-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Chris - The tracking site says the case left Salinas Kansas at 0930 this morning. I assume you know where that is cause I don't know where anything north of Orlando is. :o

Still set for a delivery on Tuesday.... Maybe. I'll let you know when the UPS tracking site says "Out for delivery"

Later,
Frank in Fla ;)

ctrout
03-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Sounds like it is on the same truck with the action then and they will both be delivered the same day.

JW
03-23-2012, 06:15 PM
That is no lie! JRS in pepper laminate or just plain walnut would be awesome but we are quickly approaching the deadline.

Edit: I just looked and see that they don't offer the JRS anymore but the Classic sure looks nice. Not crazy about the look of the Prairie Hunter though. Anybody own one of these who can comment on the fit and quality of either one of them?

I have only had short action prairie hunter experience
The fit was great, stock does not come with pillars though so you would have to install pillars/ bed the stock
Afraid that would put you down to the wire on this one as you stated
Jack

ellobo
03-23-2012, 08:42 PM
I had the Classic which is the JRS renamed. Beautiful stock. Fit and finish were excellent, and cheap at $98. My next one will be th Prairie Hunter as most of my hunting shots are offhand. You can get them checkered for an extra $50, and yes the rifle would look great in either one.

El Lobo

ctrout
03-24-2012, 11:39 PM
So in looking at the picture of the action and at my stock, I found that I am short a set of action screws and a trigger guard. Anybody have any they can part with?

JW
03-25-2012, 08:31 AM
So in looking at the picture of the action and at my stock, I found that I am short a set of action screws and a trigger guard. Anybody have any they can part with?

You can get some 1/4 x 1 1/2" 28 thrds/inch socket head cap screws at your local hardware and cut them to the length you need if nobody has some to send

fgw_in_fla
03-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Hey Chris

Midway has the back screw & trigger guard. Backorder on the front screw.

If you draw blank by tomorrow, call me. I'll see if I can have Midway overnight what they have to you.

The last time I checked a hardware store (ACe), I had no luck. Maybe you can do better on your end? ???

If you din't have my cell number, check some of the recent PM's.

Maybe I'll just send it again........ ::) ::) ::)

Frank In Fla. ;)

JCalhoun
03-25-2012, 09:37 PM
I had to order some long screws from a fastener supplier. But yes, they are 1/4-28 (same as Remington).

ctrout
03-25-2012, 10:11 PM
JW has offered to help with the trigger guard and screws so we are covered. Thanks again JW! Also, I found out today from Jeff's dad Paul that he is interested in getting into reloading too. JCalhoun had previously offered up some 30-06 dies and I had turned them down but hopefully he gets my pm about that and is able to send them out. I have a press for him. It is my old Lee turret press but it works great. I just replaced it with a Pro 1000 and also have a Rock Chucker so the Lee Turret has now found a new home.

stangfish
03-25-2012, 10:21 PM
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb363/stangfish/dfc444b6_121054d1231181462-coral-star-dec-26th-jan-1-thread_is_worthless.jpg

Well useless is a little harsh. But hey, How bout some visual.....

JCalhoun
03-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Chris;

Check your pm.

ctrout
03-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Pictures will be posted as soon as I start getting parts. Right now all I have is a factory birch stock, a sling, a cleaning kit, and a couple hunting knives. The action and gun case will be here on Tuesday and I'm guessing that the scope and rings will be here soon too. How about this, I will post a picture of everything that I've got after tomorrow's mail shows up? It will be in the evening after I get home from work at about 1730 mountain time.

JW
03-26-2012, 06:36 AM
Chris,
you should have the trigger guard and screws Wednesday
Thanks
Jack

fgw_in_fla
03-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Chris - The package from Midway left Commerce City, Col. at 11:37 last night. According to the tracking thingie, it's on time for a Tuesday at the earliest delivery.

Gotta go visit the medic this am & find out about the pain in my chest. Talk to y'all later..

Hersh5317
03-26-2012, 08:29 AM
The most important picture is the huge smile this is going to create. That's the one I want to see. I wish I had something to contribute, but I was beat to the trigger guard. I only have a plastic one, but it's better than nothing. I'm glad that this is all coming together.

fgw_in_fla
03-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Chris----- The package is getting closer. It arrived in Salt Lake City at 0748 this morning. Tracking is saying early delivery by end of day Tuesday.

Just got back from the medics. Pains I'm getting in the chest are from my wife's cooking. I need to do a bland diet for a while.
Now I have proof my wife's cooking can kill a man. :o :o Or, maybe I better keep my yap shut or I might be sleeping in the garage.... if she lets me.

See y'all later.
Chris, if you need anything else (besides assembly assistance) holler out.

Gone for nap ;)

Frank in Fla in reclining chair....

drybean
03-26-2012, 04:38 PM
or taking a dirt nap !
drybean

ctrout
03-26-2012, 04:52 PM
I saw that on the tracking today. It looks like I got the last of the money orders today too so the action is completely paid for now with $17 left for ammo. I already got the cleaning kit and will be throwing my own cash contribution in for more ammo as well. I would just get him the reloading components and spend an afternoon teaching him (and his dad) how to make ammo but I just want to get him shooting ASAP. I can alway get him components the next time I make it out to where I can get my hands on some (about 45 minute drive from home).