Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

ellobo
03-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Chris,
Another PM on the way

Bill O

Dennis
03-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Sounds great, since time is running out, overnight the Money Order and paperwork to the seller. Just let me know the fee and I will cover this cost to you as well!

Maybe the seller can overnight the action to you as well, just let us know.

Dennis

PS: Hopefully you will get this befoe you send it out!

fgw_in_fla
03-20-2012, 03:02 AM
Hey Chris - I'm glad to see it's all coming together for you. Please do keep us all posted on your progress as long as it doesn't hinder the operation.

Another PM coming your way.

Frank in Fla

ctrout
03-20-2012, 10:21 PM
I just had a concern hit me while I was running thru this project in my head. The action that I purchased is Ceramicoated. Does anyone know how this finish will respond to the laser engraver? I googled it but didn't come up with anything.

JW
03-21-2012, 06:03 AM
I just had a concern hit me while I was running thru this project in my head. The action that I purchased is Ceramicoated. Does anyone know how this finish will respond to the laser engraver? I googled it but didn't come up with anything.

I thought about that earlier also, but do not know what will happen
You could try etching something on the bottom of the receiver first to see what it will do
Might turn out to be a blessing
Jack

ctrout
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Payment and FFL has been sent via Express mail. I should hopefully have the action in hand NLT next Wednesdy or so. Just a matter of waiting for parts to show up now.

fgw_in_fla
03-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Chris,

PM just left here & is headed your way.

Respond as you find the time. I know you've been a little busy.

Frank in Fla.

ctrout
03-21-2012, 06:17 PM
First package of actual parts arrived today! Thanks Frank in Fla! Build will begin soon.

stangfish
03-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Chris -------- This is way COOL. I used to raise money to buy equipment for hard working female youth athletes. One of the most worthwhile causes is to provide the deserving less fortunate with something that may have a big impact on their life. Anytime I see someone doing what your have taken on, I remember the rush of being a part of it all. It is a high that is hard to rival.

Dennis
03-21-2012, 08:02 PM
It is a high that is hard to rival

;)

fgw_in_fla
03-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Stang gets it ;)

And so do those of us that do it.

You're right my friend. It's an incredible feeling to help someone that doesn't ask for it but needs it. Even though most all of us don't know the young fella that'll be the recipient of this treasure, it still FEELS like we've always known each other.

Have a good evening folks... I'm off to see the wizard. Or maybe it's the inside of my eyelids.

;)
Frank In Fla

ctrout
03-21-2012, 09:56 PM
My wife is jealous of us. She said to me tonight "I wish I had a place to go hang out with cool like-minded people." She is in the local writer's group and arts council so I reminded her of that. She says "It's not the same, we're not as close as you guys on the gun forum sound." I think the difference is that the common ground that we have is so deeply ingrained in our culture as Americans that it gives us a bond much deeper than just a common interest. I would be willing to bet that we are all more patriotic than the "average American" and we probably hold more traditional, old-fashioned values than the average American. Generally speaking of course.

Dennis
03-21-2012, 11:22 PM
I would be willing to bet that we are all more patriotic than the "average American" and we probably hold more traditional, old-fashioned values than the average American.

I agree, well put!

And with the above statement, DON'T forget this November!

bowhunter42
03-22-2012, 12:28 AM
I would be willing to bet that we are all more patriotic than the "average American" and we probably hold more traditional, old-fashioned values than the average American.

I agree, well put!

And with the above statement, DON'T forget this November!
Pleas for the love of GOD and COUNTRY what he said about November!

ellobo
03-22-2012, 01:48 AM
It is a high that is hard to rival.

]DITTO ON THAT.

El Lobo

fgw_in_fla
03-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Chris - Re: Your wife's wish to have a place like we have.

Obviously she does not understand the bond between men when we get together to shoot & discuss guns. Men with guns... A simple concept actually. But women will never understand.

It's very much like Men cooking meat with fire....

We are men & this is what we do. AND we do it well.

Women just don't get it... ::)

Frank in Fla

P.S. - Chris - I got a brain storm. Sent you another PM.

ellobo
03-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Chris, package sent priority mail Tuesday afternoon. Oops, sent this before I read your PM. Darn, that was fast.

El Lobo

ctrout
03-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Update on the action. It was UPS'd out yesterday and has a scheduled delivery of Tuesday so it will be here in plenty of time! If any of you are as anxious as I am about it's arrival, I'll share the tracking# with you so you can follow it too. That's always half the fun for me with this kind of project. 1z6656710394026021

Grunt4life
03-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Just saw this tread... Not sure if you can use them but I have a pair of Burris XTG rings 30mm (Med) brand new. Just let me know.

ctrout
03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
I've got some rings on the way and the action is bought and paid for but thanks for the offer. At this point, all donations of parts and money for the rifle have been covered. The only thing that I can really continue with if people are still interested in pitching in is cash for ammo or other incidentals like a pair of binoculars or something. Ellobo has donated a set of hunting knives and another member has purchased a hard case from MidwayUSA and had it sent here so really you guys have everything covered. Right now I have in hand a sling, headspace gauge, hunting knives, stock, and $185 cash, $25 of which came from the sale of the duplicate donation of a scope that I checked with the owner about selling as opposed to returning. There should be a 30-06 barrel in the mail from Jcalhoun, another $100, a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 scope coming from Elkbane, the Complete long action provided at a discounted cost coming from BrentWin, and scope rings and bases coming from dcloco. Have I missed anything? All cash above the cost of the action ($35 so far) will be used to purchase ammo. I will also be purchasing a cleaning kit and some ammo out of my pocket.