PDA

View Full Version : Savage Axis scope bases for Burris Signature ZEE rings?

carmy
03-14-2012, 05:30 AM
I just got my new Axis .223. It came with the Bushnell scope on it. I bought some Burris Signature Zee rings for it but the rings won't fit on the pre-installed bases. It seems like the bases are too wide for the rings. What bases can I put on this rifle that will work with the Burris rings? Hopefully something I can find locally and not have to order because I want to take the rifle out shooting this weekend.

762X51
03-14-2012, 08:07 AM
I just got my new Axis .223. It came with the Bushnell scope on it. I bought some Burris Signature Zee rings for it but the rings won't fit on the pre-installed bases. It seems like the bases are too wide for the rings. What bases can I put on this rifle that will work with the Burris rings? Hopefully something I can find locally and not have to order because I want to take the rifle out shooting this weekend.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Burris Signature Zee rings too. There's no better ring at any price. I had the same question so I called Burris just yesterday about their XTB (Extreme Tactical Bases). They told me that the model 410615 would be what I'd need. These bases are great...they are steel as opposed to aluminum and they offer a couple different mounting slots, they are reversible, and they are very affordable. I ordered a couple pairs from Midway for $22.99 each and I don't even own an Axis yet!

carmy
03-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the info. I just ordered the 410615 bases. I talked to Burris also and they told me the 410291 bases would work but they didn't look right to me.

762X51
03-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I just ordered the 410615 bases. I talked to Burris also and they told me the 410291 bases would work but they didn't look right to me.

The 410291 is a Burris Trumount base for a Browning A bolt or Sako rifle????? WOW, I can't believe they would tell you that but that's truthfully the level of competence that I've come to expect from most "experts". Wrong guns, wrong bases...Zee rings don't fit on Trumount bases. The 410249 would probably fit but it sure wouldn't work with your Zee rings! I hope the information Burris gave me is correct, I'm 99% sure it is, plus when you look at the description for the 410615 on the Midway website, the Axis is listed as a fit. Let's us know how they work out when you get them.