PDA

View Full Version : 10fp

jerryf
11-29-2009, 09:18 PM
hello im new here.I need some help with my 10fp.I want to change my stock but not sure what will work.All the stocks i have seen are blind magazine and mine is detachable. Can i use stock with blind magazine and if so what do i need to make it work. I want to use Bell and Carlson Medalist Varmint stock.

tinkerer
11-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Jerry,

Most people want to shoot what you have. May I suggest swapping with someone who has another 308 in a blind mag?

Heck, I'll throw in the tupperware stock and a recently fitted Boyds laminate.

Larry
Tinkerer

jerryf
11-30-2009, 05:40 PM
i dont think mine has the good stock it has to much flex. If i had way to post pic i would.

Appleseed
11-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Buy, sell and trade on this site if you are a member...$12/yr. You cannot access private message or classified otherwise. I am looking for a stock like yours (.308 family).

Three site sponsors may help your project...Stockys has HS Precision on sale now. SSS makes several laminate stocks. I guess that Northlander has some factory stocks in VLP series available. I have purchased from all these folks and have been happy. All are good folks and a pleasure to do business with!

If this is newest model it may not work, I have only handled one in 10 precision carbine lately. Bolt release may have been moved to front of the trigger guard on yours. My model 14 is several years old and is new centerfeed det/mag and has top side release.

You can pop off the bottom cast metal piece from the det/mag, use the spring, follower and box into a blind mag stock. I ask Jim at Northland and he says there is a metal retainer tab that holds the mag box in a blind mag stock.

Someone here will know what will work.

edlacy
12-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Look at a Choate Tactical. They have them in DBM.

82boy
12-06-2009, 01:14 PM
The problem you run into is most stock are designed around the old stagged feed magazine, and your is a center feed stock. The difference is the bolt spacing is different between the two actions. If you find a center feed magazine stock that you like and what it inletted for a DBM you could send it off to SSS and they could do the work.

edlacy
12-10-2009, 04:09 AM
I just got a Choate Tactical # 25-06-01, into which I installed bottom metal from Savage. I now have a 10fp with DBM.
The Choate stock I got is the same as they sell to Savage.
Just wish the magazine held more than 5rds. Still, it's better than working the rounds into the blind mag under the scope.
Most of the stocks I looked at were made for stagger feed. This is the only one that not only fit my needs, but was also was within reason moneywise. $260.50 delivered.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Ed

axaviere
12-10-2009, 06:42 AM
you can get a 9 round that will fit your savage from http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/ hope its ok to post that here.

edlacy
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the info. I knew they had mags for .308, but didn't know they now had them for .223.
Appreciate it............

axaviere
12-11-2009, 08:12 AM
dont hold me to the 223 part. i thought you had a 308.

82boy
12-11-2009, 11:43 AM
No mags for a 223. Yet