PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 200 308 and Cabelas Stock will it fit?

pchunterpa
11-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I was thumbing through the one shooting gear mag and saw the wood thumbhole rifle stocks. I called them and they said it will fit my 308. I haven't ordered it or anything was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

Thanks

tug hill drifter
11-29-2009, 09:21 PM
My Stevens 200 is a center feed model and I'm not seeing a lot of aftermarket stocks for it. Did they say if the stock was made for a staggered feed or center feed? That's important because the dimension between the action screws is different. Ask me how I know. :-[
thd

pchunterpa
11-30-2009, 09:44 AM
No, I forgot to ask that one. I will have to call again. Mine is a stagger fed mag.
Thanks for the help

Stocky
11-30-2009, 02:06 PM
If they are the Keystone stocks in the new Cabelas catalog then they are 4.40 centerfeed. Same as our Tundra Deluxe without the pad and studs. Keystone (KSA) does not make the 4.27" stocks.

pchunterpa
11-30-2009, 07:50 PM
I believe they are made by Keystone. Just to make sure about the center feed and the stagger feed, when it is stagger fed then one shell will be to the left and then the next on top is to the right and back fourth til there four shells in the mag, correct?

GUNFANATIC
12-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I believe they are made by Keystone. Just to make sure about the center feed and the stagger feed, when it is stagger fed then one shell will be to the left and then the next on top is to the right and back fourth til there four shells in the mag, correct?

Best way to tell for sure is to take the action out of the stock. If the mag is attached to the stock, it's a center feed. If attached to the action, staggered.

pchunterpa
12-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Ok, I will do that to make sure. But it will have to wait til after deer season.
Thanks for the help everyone

pchunterpa
12-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Well I took the stock off the today and the mag is attached to the stock.
So what are options for stocks then?
Thanks for help...one of the forums I look at a constant basis.

pchunterpa
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
what places online are going to have stocks that will fit?
thanks for the help