PDA

View Full Version : Bass Pro Shops - Updated Info.....

fgw_in_fla
03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
:o OK, guys. This is it. I took a ride to Orlando this morning to redeem my Winchester certs.

:o :o GOOD GREIF!!!!! :o :o :o

WOW are their prices high! $50 bucks for a box of 1000 Win WLR primers.
$38 for a 1lb can of IMR4064!!!
I walked past the bullets and sheilded my eyes so I couldn't see them. Or the prices.
If any of y'all need some odds & ends and go to Bass Pro... Y'all better bring 2 checkbooks!!

I cashed in my certs, left with 2 boxes of WLR & 1 box of WSP. Ran for the car, hooked it out of the parking lot & didn't look back.

Funny thing, though. The place was PACKED with people.
Go figure.

Thank you for listening.

Anybody buy their reloading supplies (powder, primers, bullets, brass, etc...) from Bass Pro Shop?

I was looking over their prices and it appears if I don't pay a haz fee & shipping, the prices are most comparable.

Also, I have $150 worth of Winchester mfg. certs. that I can't seem to find anyplace to use.

I called Natchez, midway, Powder Valley, etc,.... No luck. Gotta use 'em locally & I just happen to have a Bass Pro about 50 minutes west of me in Orlando.

What say ye of vast knowledge on the subject? ;)

Frank "Cert Redemption" in Florida...

JCalhoun
03-09-2012, 01:07 PM
The only reason I use Bass Pro is that they are within 10 miles of me. I still try to buy what I need from a gun store before I go to Bass Pro.

You are correct though. Once you eliminate haz-mat and standard shipping and add sales tax it's almost even in some cases and you'll have it the same day.

fgw_in_fla
03-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Hey JC,
I checked their website for prices and they are a few bucks higher on everything I use like Noslers, powder, primers & brass.
Unfortuneatly, I need to buy a few hundred bucks worth of stuff from Natchez in order to compensate for shipping & haz-fee. If I pay the extra, enjoy the ride to & from, look around the store a little, make a new friend, etc - I think I end up ahead of the game if I try Bass Pro.

Notice how I talked myself into going there to buy stuff? Ya think I can convince the 'lil woman? ::)

I'll need to go there anyway. Here on the east coast of central Fla. NOBODY sells reloading goodies. The one gun shop that has some distant family members as owners in my area stopped carrying reloading stuff due to lack of demand. That leaves me stuck with driving to Orlando (50 to 60 mins) to use these Winchester Certificates I have. They're reimbursement for a box of defective primers I got from Natchez. Winchester was nice enough to replace the primers, two bolt faces & a few bucks for aggravation. :o
Darn nice of them, i say. If only I could spend them now.... >:(

GaCop
03-10-2012, 08:05 AM
I run into a similar problem here in middle Georgia. There's only one sporting goods store in the area (12 miles) that as a fairly decent supply of loading components but, they think their stuff is made of gold due to no competition, ie, $30 for a pound of powder and $40 for a brick of standard primers. Rarely do they have BR primers. There is a Bass Pro in Macon (17 miles) that I'll have to check out to see if they're worth the trip(s).

fgw_in_fla
03-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Hey GaCop - Check them out online. You can view your local stores prices online (I believe). I checked out the Orlando store & noticed they had no listing for Winchester primers other than shotgun primers. When I called them yesterday, I was informed they had not completed entry of all merchandise on their website.

Since it looks like rain here (again or maybe it's yet), I may just have the 'lil woman pack us up & take a ride to Orlando this am.

Geez, I really hate traffic in big cities...

lal357
03-10-2012, 09:16 AM
mine is only 4 miles from me so i go there if i need it now the other store is way high primers 50.00 per thousand .what i do for my powder and primers is like today i go to the gun show and buy from a vender there last time i picked up 8 lbs of varget for 155.00 verse 30.00 a pound locally

JASmith
03-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Places like BassPro are rough on the mom & pop gun stores, so I also check the the mom&pop one 6 miles from us before making the 35 mile trek to the nearest BassPro.

The good news is that my wife likes to shop there even though she doesn't like guns and shooting. She finds all sorts of interesting gifts and clothes for the grandchildren!

GaCop
03-10-2012, 01:05 PM
I work part time in a local Gun and Pawn. I've been trying to get the owner to start stocking loading supplies as his nearest competition is the sporting good store 13 miles away and I know we can do better than $30/lb powder and $40/1k of primers.

I was in a small "mom and Pop shop in south Georgia, Parker's Gun Shop just outside of Pearson Ga. They have powder $23/lb and primers at $30/1k. If a small shop can do it in a small town (1900), we can succeed in our town which is about 65,000 population.

dacaur
03-11-2012, 03:57 AM
my nearest bass pro doesnt have any reloading stuff..... In fact, for such a big city, my choices for getting reloading stuff are remarkably limited, at least, as far as I have found.....

Ray384
03-22-2012, 07:53 AM
I needed some 209 primers and stopped by Bass Pro and almost fainted in the aisle. It was $6 plus tax for 100. I bought one pack to get by and started looking around.

I decided to get what primers and powder I needed along with the dies I needed for the .308 Axis I had just bought. I ordered my stuff from Midsouth Shooters Supply, the 1000 shotgun primers price made up for the Hazmat and shipping. The small pistol primers were $20 cheaper per 1000 and the powder was $10 a pound cheaper. Since I live in Tennessee I had to pay tax, but I got it in 3 days.

It would be nice to buy local, but I try not to be a complete fool.

BoilerUP
03-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Bass Pro in Clarksville, IN had great prices for about the first two years they were open; the last couple things have gotten f'in ridiculous. The local gun shop is cheaper on just about everything, and now has a much better selection of reloading components than Bass Pro.

There's a Cabelas coming to Louisville in a year or two, I'm hoping that will bring BPS' prices back down to reality.

I'd just about kill for a Sportsman's Warehouse, though...

rjtfroggy
03-22-2012, 01:43 PM
I just bought 2 bricks of CCI LR primers for $24 apiece that is about $15 less than the local shops price.Bought them at Widners.
Also for 209's try Balistic products http://www.ballisticproducts.com/ thier prices on shotgun primers are pretty good. http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Shotshell-Primers/products/290/. If you buy 5 boxes they are $25 a box, sometimes even cheaper when they are on sale or when the haz mat is half price.

dacaur
03-22-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd just about kill for a Sportsman's Warehouse, though...

Ive got a sportsmans near my house.... its a great place, but for the past 6+ months they have not had any small pistol primers..... I dont know if they just havent ordered them or if someone keeps buying them out, but either way, they need to get off their butts and get some in stock!!! 4-5 times now I have gone in to buy a few things, then when I get to the reloading isle, and see still no small pistol primers, I proceed to unload the cart and buy it all elsewhere.... the 45 min drive to cabela's is annoying, but at least they have primers in stock!!!!

cgeorgemo
03-25-2012, 05:40 PM
[ 4-5 times now I have gone in to buy a few things, then when I get to the reloading isle, and see still no small pistol primers, I proceed to unload the cart and buy it all elsewhere.... the 45 min drive to cabela's is annoying, but at least they have primers in stock!!!!

Call ahead and save some frustration.
Here in Joplin we've got 2 stores that carry reloading components and another 15 miles away in Carthage. I've not had to pay a hazmat fee for powder or primers since we've got local.

dacaur
03-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Its only about a mile from my house so i drive by fairly often... I just kept going in thinking "there is NO WAY they could STILL be out"...... I mean seriously, at some point they have got to get them, right?

GaCop
03-26-2012, 07:23 AM
The place I get my loading supplies locally has not had CCI 450s or BR-4s for almost a year now. The store caters more to hunters so they don't stock benchrest items very often.

cooker900
03-27-2012, 12:56 AM
the harrisburg bass pro is the same way i paid 31.50 3 days ago for a pound of imr4064 and 4.50 for 100 rem 9 1/2
the loacl gander mtn is doing there best to only stock a few powder and only hornady bullets. there primers arnt bad 35 per 1k