PDA

View Full Version : Stock differential...

Harriershot
03-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Okay, Stocky stocks has a clearence on blindfeed centerfeed stock that has a 4.40" spacing. I am about to build my first custom which has a blind feed centerfeed in .223 with a 4.27" spacing. I am going to have about $1,400.oo invested in the stock alone and I want to practice on something cheap first.
I want to buy this clearence stock to practice pillar, action and trigger guard bedding all at the same time. I have done many a bedding job on action only.
So the question is, If I fill in the forward action screw hole and re-drill with the piloted forstner bit to re-locate the forward action hole to a 4.27" spacing will the rest of the action drop in this stocks inletting.

Thanks

Charlie

rjtfroggy
03-08-2012, 12:22 PM
The short answer is yes but you will also need to do some mag fitting.What you have is more than likely a stagger feed.

ellobo
03-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Filling the existing hole with an epoxied in dowel works well. I have had to do it on other projects and works just fine.

El Lobo

jhelmuth
03-08-2012, 03:17 PM
froggy is correct (and then some)...

The center-feed (CF) and stagger-feed (SF) are more than different enough that I expect you will do some facy fitting in this area. One thing that comes to mind is the rea pillar just n front of the trigger. In the CF, you have a small metal tab that fits the CF box to the inletted bilnd cutout. You'll have to take that into account as well if you want it to work. Another option may be to ignor the mag box entirely and fill it in making it a single shot.