PDA

View Full Version : Escution for Savage pillars...

Harriershot
03-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I was just over on Stockystocks.com looking over their pillars for Svage 10/110.
This will be for a model 12 action in a custom walnut stock with a blind feed no bottom metal action.
The stockys pillars seem to show a built in escution in the bottom of the pillar, do I need to add an escution to the forward pillar or will the bottom of the pillar be correct.

Thanks

Charlie

handirifle
03-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Please educate me, what is an escution?

JackinSD
03-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Please educate me, what is an escution?

Beat me to it.

jon8777
03-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Your pillar should be one piece. If there's an independent escutcheon ring on the pillar, cut the bolt down to the correct size and remove the ring.

Werewolf
03-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I used a set of those on my wifes rifle. Lip on bottom fits tight in 1/2" hole with room for epoxy behind it. Worked well and was the right length for factory screws. Looks pretty clean even without an additional escutcheon. for those asking, the escutcheon is the little metal piece in the screw hole of a wood stock that makes it look nice and reinforces the hole somewhat.

By the way it is one piece and you don't have to cut it down, it is made to be that way.

ellobo
03-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Doesnt anyone have a dictionary?

El Lobo

JackinSD
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM

El Lobo

You find "escution" in the dictionary then come back.

thomae
03-05-2012, 06:47 PM

El Lobo

first of all, we all need to use the correct spelling.

From Wikipedia:
Escutcheon may refer to:
-Escutcheon (heraldry), a shield or shield-shaped emblem, displaying a coat of arms
-Escutcheon (furniture), an item of door furniture that surrounds a keyhole or lock cylinder
-a decorative plate that surrounds a faucet in a bathtub or shower
-(in medicine) the distribution of pubic hair
-(in veterinary medicine) the shield-like pattern of distribution of the haircoat in the area below the vulva, down to the top of the udder, in the cow
-a plate on the stern of a ship inscribed with the ship's name
-A protective cover over circuit breakers in electrical distribution boards.
unquote

:o ;D ::)

ellobo
03-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Thomae got what I was refering to. I too have a dictionary. Thanks Thomae for printing out what I was refering to.

El Lobo

JackinSD
03-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Thomae got what I was refering to. I too have a dictionary. Thanks Thomae for printing out what I was refering to.

El Lobo

Sorry for my post then. A bit more effort on being clear and I would not have posted.

Blue Avenger
03-05-2012, 08:40 PM
http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/t_149001185_1.jpghttp://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/t_149001185_1.jpg fancy metal washer for the screw to bottom out on instead of the soft wood.

and here is a crossbolt
http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/p_874005000_1.jpg

drill through the stock just behind the recoil lug so you have something stronger then wood for a heavy recoil gun.

thomae
03-05-2012, 10:38 PM

El Lobo

Actually, I thought you meant the medical definition... ;)
...and was giggling in my mind about the puns I imagined that had to do with that particular definition and "bedding" your action! (snicker, snicker, snorf!
Oh, darn, I hate it when I laugh so hard that stuff squirts out of my nose!)

Harriershot
03-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the info guys.
Sorry I didn't spell it right. I refer to the 8th grade as my senior year.

Charlie