PDA

View Full Version : EGW base

jsthntn247
03-04-2012, 03:11 PM
If someone on here has an EGW base would you please measure the front and back and post how high they are. I believe the hd, steel, and regular are all different heights. I have some rings that arn't high enough with my two piece 20 moa night force base and might need to get another base if I can't send these rings back. My front base measures .32" high and the scope just barely hits it, if the egw is .40 or higher, I will order one of them. Would really appreciate the help.

JackinSD
03-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I have and EGW base on the way and will gladly measure it for you. I take it you are against getting a set of higher rings?

JackinSD
03-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Also, you might check the EGW website: http://www.egwguns.com/faq

Or this forums FAQ: http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,14068.0.html

jsthntn247
03-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I have and EGW base on the way and will gladly measure it for you. I take it you are against getting a set of higher rings?

No, not against getting new rings, the only other rings that I could swap these for would be Seekins Ex high rings. They measure 1.25 and would leave a .30" of clearance which is too high for a target rifle. After the shooting season is over, I plan on putting this scope on my long range hunting rifle. It has a smaller diameter barrel so if I have .30" of clearance on my target rifle, I will have over a half inch on my 7 mag. It appears that the tactical base will be what I need for minimal clearance since their website says it measures .40-.45. I was hoping their hd base would work, would like the 7075.

JackinSD
03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Okay, that explains the problem a bit better. I will not have the EGW base in my hands until Wednesday. But, I will post again soon after I get them.

pitsnipe
03-05-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm yet to install my 20 moa HD Aluminum base cause I'm still waiting (impatiently mind you) for my Savage to get here. So I could get some accurate measurements for you. Distance from where it will mount to receiver at the center line (mounting holes) are as follows:
Front (muzzle) end: .357" high
Rear .394"
Both reference to the top of the "slots" where the base sits to the referenced points.
Hope that helps

jsthntn247
03-05-2012, 01:37 AM
Yep, that's exactly what I needed, thank you.