PDA

View Full Version : Axis bolt schematic, early late spring/springs configuration

180pilot
03-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Have new Axis, parts manual does not show inside bolt parts, firing pin, springs etc.??????
Anyone have schematic of this? Seems Savage should recall early ones with only one spring???? Or send free parts...

Got my bolt apart by uncocking it on wood block, heating bolt/nut area with electric heat gun, then placing bolt on padded floor with bolt handle held down with one shoe and slowly stepping down on allen wrench in other direction. This 7mm-08 has later 2 spring firing mechanism with spacer ring between springs to stop spring dig in/rotation. I cleaned all manufacturing dirt out, stoned ends of rear spring smooth, re- oiled lightly with Corrosion X, and put aluminum anti-seize on bolt nut when re-installed. I can start it loose now with it bolt in action, in fired position, then remove it to completely take apart.

sharpshooter
03-04-2012, 12:25 AM
If you've had it apart, you don't need a schematic now. ;D
The only difference is the spring, or springs.

180pilot
03-04-2012, 03:25 AM
After seeing Nutnfancy's discussion with Savage rep at shot show, just want to make sure it is correct. Rep was quite proud of fact final assembly of an Axis rifle takes one minute and 30 seconds...... watch 11:15 into video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWhogjL_HrA