PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to go from Blind Mag to Detachable Mag

AR-180
03-03-2012, 12:46 PM
What's the best way for me to do this? I recently got a round top, center feed, Stevens action. I am trying to decide between as is and detachable.

teebirdhyzer
03-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Once you have found the stock you want, its pretty easy. I have done it a couple of times, but the stock options are limited. Also, You can send any centerfeed stock that is made for a blind mag to a few of the site sponser guys (SSS, SinArms, and Northland I think) and they can inlet the bottom for a DBM setup.
To do the actual magazine conversion, all you need is the bottom metal or some may call it the frame, and the Cap for the bottom of your magazine box. The magazine box you currently have in your blind mag centerfeed just snaps onto the Piece of metal and creates a complete DBM. Then you bolt the Bottom metal or frame onto your new stock, and that's it. I know for sure you can purchase what you need from SharpShooter Supply, and possibly from others on here. THe parts are also available in the classifieds section quite frequently if you keep an eye out.

Grott
03-06-2012, 03:32 PM
What modifications need to be done to and older stagerfeed? Can they be switched over to centerfeed.

What other in-letting issues would come up?

Garett

teebirdhyzer
03-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I think on Sharp Shooter Supplys website, there is a magazine conversion kit for a stagger feed to make a DBM. I have never used one, and not sure of the details, but I would bet someone on here would chime in on it.

jsthntn247
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I am wondering the same thing about a stagger feed conversion to dbm. Are most of the current setups for center feed only?

Wards75
03-09-2012, 11:17 PM
^^^ +1

Rover31
03-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Buy a McRee stock! amazing bolt in onto the chassis, load the mag go shoot.
Love mine
T