PDA

View Full Version : Model 10/110 FCP HS PRECISION

aimatit
03-03-2012, 08:11 AM
When looking at the savagearms web site the photo of the FCP HS PRECISION models show the .338, .300 and, .308. The .338 I believe is pictured with a detachable magazine, does the . 300 also come with the same detachable magazine. System? The capacity as listed for the .300 is for 3 rounds, does this mean the mag is the flush-fit style , or internal mag?

defoxer
03-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I believe the C in FCP would indicate a detachable magazine.... (for some reason you fellas in the USofA still refer to a mag as a clip!!)

ellobo
03-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Defoxer, the "clip" thing goes back to the day when the first bolt actions were military and fed 5 rounds from what was known a stripper clip. The name just never went away. But "magazine" is becoming more recognized now. Its a "good old boys" thing.

El Lobo

GaCop
03-05-2012, 06:31 AM
M-16 has 10 round stripper "clips" that can be a PIA to use.

aimatit
03-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Defoxer,
Sir, I am familiar with the different platforms of a magazine and clip and a disintergrating link belt.
My own Uncle Sam provided me an all expense paid trip halfway around the world once upon a time, where I was prevailed upon by the same to employ the use of two of those platforms. My concern about the magazine was, the type used on the .338 lapua appears to be built a little heavier due to the design of the bottom metal and mag. I would like to have the same setup in a .300 win. Mag., if Savage has the product. I think a call to Effie will satisfy my curiosity. Regards

defoxer
03-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Defoxer, the "clip" thing goes back to the day when the first bolt actions.........

El lobo, I use clips quite often myself with the Mauser (in military rifle comps) they're quite handy when reloading the 5 round internal mag...

Aimatit, point wasnt that you dont know what a clip is but that Savage shouldnt perpetuate the confusion....