PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Super Sporter and model 30 shotgun

CBguns
03-01-2012, 08:10 PM
A guy comes in our place, with a Savage Super Sporter in a 30-06 caliber, the serial number is 47XX, and he wants to find some magazines for it..... anyone know where I could find any, he also wants a butt plate for it as well..... then the real kicker.... he has a pump shotgun, model 30, series B, 12 ga., and wants to put a tactical stock on it....... well..... I have yet to find a supplier with one, we are looking at possibly "adjusting" a mossberg one using pieces of the wood along with it, but really don't want to.... serial number on the shotgun is A719XXX. We don't usually do alot of work on the old Savages, so anyone who has, your comments will be welcome!! Thanks in advance!

Blue Avenger
03-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Numrich, gunbroker, ebay. He have the original? I may be wrong in thinking there not a real strong gun to put a excessive number of rounds through.

Eric in NC
03-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I may be wrong in thinking there not a real strong gun to put a excessive number of rounds through.

Nope - you are right. LOTS of 30-06 super sporters have excessive headspace. They were better in 250 Savage and 300 Savage.

Saw some mags on gunbroker a while back.

CBguns
03-02-2012, 12:56 PM
I agree...... neither of these guns are in great shape.... I did check Numrich, they are a great company, and we buy lots of parts from them.... but nothing I need in stock, except for the butt plate. Thanks for the comments!!