PDA

View Full Version : Mill stock??

hellcat84
02-29-2012, 01:25 AM
I just got a chance to play with the Savage FCP and I really liked it but I already have an older model 12 FVSS in .22-250 that I was thinking of converting to 6.5mm. I really liked the stock though and the detachable magazine, anyway I spent some time touring around the net and found Choate's Tactical Stock Savage Short Action centre feed Detachable Magazine setup with a similar look to the mcmillan A5 but with an aluminum bedding block and a lower price. The problem though is my model 12 has the stagger feed internal box setup and the action screws measure 4.275" centre to centre instead of the required 4.410" for the Choate detachable magazine setup. Is their any way I can still make this work without having to run around and find a receiver with the 4.410" spec? could I just get it milled out or am I just looking to get myself into trouble.

If at all possible Id like to throw together The Choate stock, Center feed AI magazines, and a 25" krieger cut rifled 4 grove 5R chromoly barrel with a 1:8 twist rate, same contour as the standard savage bull barrel. whole deal assembled and chambered in 6.5X47 ::) What do you guys think possible???

hellcat84
02-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Any chance the ACME UNIVERSAL MAGAZINE CONVERSION from SSS would fix this issue??

LabRat2k3
02-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Much easier to just get the stock that fits your action.

http://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-StaggerFeed-Short-Action-Choate-CDI-Drop-Mag.-Package-SKU162021.html