PDA

View Full Version : about to having a cussing fit and I don't even cuss! 110 trigger

montana bob
02-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Hey Guys, I took my older model 110 apart to bed it. I've had a couple apart before and had a little difficulty putting the triggers back in but this bugger is giving me problems. It's the old three screw trigger with a bushing that goes through the spring. I just can't get things to line up with the hole in the action. Any suggestions.

Bossman
02-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Hi Bob

This article mentions the old style trigger with the bushing at the end of the article. It mentions radiusing a flat blade screwdriver to make a "pusher tool" to get it to line up.
http://www.gunreports.com/special_reports/long_guns/Stevens-Model-200-Rifle178-1.html

Hope this helps.

Mike

Blue Avenger
02-27-2012, 09:04 PM
leave it out and no one will ever know but you.

montana bob
02-27-2012, 09:50 PM
I got it. I just took a small crescent wrench and opened it up so both sides if the blade contacted the spring and pushed it in. The real problem was I didn't have the safety pushed all the way forward. Once I did that the holes lined up fine. I need to learn to read directions. I do have one problem though. When I put the rear action screw in and not even tighten it the bolt release drops forward and renders it uncocked. Any suggestions? Oh yea, I didn't even cuss!!!!

Blue Avenger
02-27-2012, 10:00 PM
bolt release/ sear dragging on stock? trigger binding on guard?

montana bob
02-27-2012, 10:10 PM
I thought I had it pretty well centered when I bedded it. The trigger is sitting centered in the trigger guard.

kelbro
02-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Is the tang floated?

montana bob
02-27-2012, 11:20 PM
yes, I bedded from in front of the recoil lug to just beyond the back action screw. I did not bed the tang.

Blue Avenger
02-28-2012, 09:51 AM
I thought I had it pretty well centered when I bedded it. The trigger is sitting centered in the trigger guard.
side to side, but it could still bottom out, tipping the back of the trigger inside if you pulled the screw a bit tighter. Just a thought as I have seen it happen.

montana bob
02-28-2012, 07:57 PM
I have to go out of town for a few days and will check it out when I get back home. I appreciate the input. Thanks