PDA

View Full Version : Staggerfeed to Centerfeed

Aircraftmech76
02-27-2012, 06:41 PM
OK, here's my problem. I need to order a stock for my brother (who's a lefty) that will fit a Centerfeed action, but the only option for a left-hand Boyd's stock is in a Staggerfeed inlet. This stock will be modified for a CDI bottom metal install. Would it be possible to fit the Centerfeed action into the Staggerfeed stock? The bottom of the stock is going to get routed out for the bottom metal; would I be able to relocate the action screw spacing to fit the Centerfeed action? If this is the case, which hole gets re-drilled into the stock, the front or the rear? I'm guessing it's gonna be the front hole. Thanks guys; I don't have the two actions in front of me to figure out what needs to be modified, so any help you could give me would truly be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kevin

frank1947
03-01-2012, 12:37 AM
would be easier if he just shot right hand gun as I do , im left handed and its no big deal really.

bootsmcguire
03-01-2012, 01:48 AM
I am assuming that you are dealing with a SA. It is possible to do as you are describing and it is the front screw that needs moved. If the stock you are looking at is ambidextrous then maybe get a RH stock and just cut the small relief for the bolt handle. Obviously if you are looking at the thumbhole models that wouldn't work :D.