PDA

View Full Version : Glass bedding a centerfeed with the clip on the pillar

KTP
02-24-2012, 05:41 PM
How has anyone bedded a centerfeed when the clip rides on top the pillar? Normally I would bed to the top of the pillar. The clip rides on top the pillar and is designed to do so, it actually extends the pillar. Need ideas on what you've done! Bed each side and place the clip on top the pillar during curing (with release applied) sounds like the right thing to do.
Thanks

tammons
02-24-2012, 06:17 PM
I came up with a couple of ways to keep the mag in, posted then SSS posted.
I tried his method and it is KISS/simple when I was trying to make it too difficult.

He just cuts off half the tang on top. That leaves half of the area without a tang to bed.

KTP
02-24-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm still trying to picture how to bed the rear properly with that clip on top the pillar. Seems like it defeats the purpose of the pillar unless the clip extends the pillar to the proper height. If that's the case I'm still not sure the best way to bed it back there???

sharpshooter
02-25-2012, 01:54 AM
Leave the "L" clip out when you bed it. Cut away the part on the L clip that lays on top of the pillar, leaving about 1/8" of overhang on the clip. Then dremel away some of the bedding down to where the clip used to set.

KTP
02-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Awesome! Thanks!