PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Axis! In need of advise!

dozer02
02-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Hello Folks, I finally received my brand new Stainless Axis .22-250 today. I'd really appreciate some recommendations on a scope for it. I already tried to order three different models, (Leoupold, Nikon, and Simmons) all of which are backordered, so now I have a "bald" rifle that is in desperate need of a scope, mounts & rings. I would really like to match the finish of the stainless rifle but I'm not against going "two-tone" with a matte finish model, if need be. I have been informed on here that the Axis requires a unique mount so any and all information would be of great help! As I'm sure you already know, the .22-250 is an inherently far reaching chambering that will most likely require at least a 12x to 14x scope. I'll be mostly shooting at the kind of coyote's that are printed on posters at my gun clubs 150 yard range, but I do plan on some "chucking" with it from a distance (200yds+) to help out a couple of local farmers. Way I figure it, I'll spend up to $300.00 on the scope for it, not including rings and mount(s). Any recommendations?

29va
02-24-2012, 07:35 PM
4.5x14x40 nikon buckmaster, they are hard to beat for the money

Blue Avenger
02-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Back ordered from who? Some one may know where to find what you want if your a bit more specific about what you like.

dozer02
02-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Okay, I went with 29VA's advise for the Nikon Buckmaster in silver finish for $289.00 w/free shipping from Amazon, now onto the rings & base mount, I found a mount for the Axis in black but no silver ones available! Plenty of silver rings to be had though. Anyone see a silver Axis mount anywhere?

znviper6
02-25-2012, 12:38 AM
You could use the DNZ Game Reaper Mount. Its one solid piece of metal so ne need for rings and mount. They come in silver aswell.

dacaur
02-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Nothing unique about the axis mount... unless you are looking for a one piece.... I used standard weaver mounts on mine, I could grab the part # if you need it. Had to replace the stock mounts since my scope has a 50mm bell and the stock mounts put the rings too far apart...