PDA

View Full Version : Gun Kote prep question

rdfrench
02-22-2012, 09:26 AM
I asked this in my last topic, but got no takers. So, I thought I would start a new topic that pertains to this in particular. How do you guys handle that little red plastic safety indicator when blasting or heating your actions? Will it pop out and then go back in after coating or does it need to be masked? I'm mainly concerned about it melting in the oven.

jsthntn247
02-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Take your entire trigger assembley off the action before you attempt to do any painting or blasting...This should be a given

gotcha
02-22-2012, 03:31 PM
To answer your question :D Yes, it will just pop out. push out from underside, push in from top side. You may want to do this while inside a ziplok bag ( not you...... the action ;D ) You can loose one of those little disks in a New York minute.............. Just ask me!

rdfrench
02-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Take your entire trigger assembley off the action before you attempt to do any painting or blasting...This should be a given

The trigger assembly isn't what I'm talking about. I mean the red safety indicator located on the tang of the action.

rdfrench
02-24-2012, 12:21 AM
To answer your question :D Yes, it will just pop out. push out from underside, push in from top side. You may want to do this while inside a ziplok bag ( not you...... the action ;D ) You can loose one of those little disks in a New York minute.............. Just ask me!

Is it me or is that plastic thing begging to be replaced by an anodized aluminum disk? I had a feeling that thing wouldn't hold up in the oven (unless it's some space age plastic I'm unaware of). I appreciate the response