PDA

View Full Version : Very Rough Bore-Action Necessary?

Pages : 1 [2]

358Hammer
12-01-2009, 07:50 PM
This e-mail was passed on to Savage.

I just received information that this thread was passed on to engineering. It would be very beneficial to all if Savage received all bad barrel complaints so they can get an idea where the buck stops.

SInce it seems to be happening in different calibers and from different people across the country the problem sure needs to be addressed.

Neal

Specter65
12-01-2009, 08:08 PM
.... Just because there is copper in the bore doesn't mean there is a problem. . ..

Not true. If there is copper in the barrel it should be removed... period. That is if one wants the rifle to shoot its best.

Slowpoke Slim
12-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Neal,

Is there a particular contact person at Savage? A name, phone number, or email address? Or are we just talking calling the main number and complaining?

I don't really want to get the old standby response to just send my rifles in. I would be happy to speak to someone about the issue that already has some of the background info about the situation. And I would be happy to send in my barrels for examination if engineering wants to see them.

I've spoken to several Savage owners at the public shooting range I frequent, on this site, and other sites I regularly contribute to and hang out at that are seeing the same issue. Is there a method of/person to contact I can give out to them as well? I can probably get some more barrels rounded up to send in if Savage would like that for a larger sampling?

Should we start another thread with a poll/survey?