PDA

View Full Version : Primer Cratering

Pages : 1 [2]

henry1
02-21-2012, 01:14 PM
o change to the bolt spring pressure or lift kit added?
How many times have these brass been fired? looking
Ya no change to the bolt spring pressure or lift kit addition, I will try some different primers just because "you never know till you try it". And if primers dont work, then I will buy some drill bits (can allways use em) and i can measure the firing pin hole. ;D Thanks again for all your help guys! I will let you know what happens as soon as i can, beware though, it could be a few days-weeks. Thanks again!
Henry.

scratcherky
02-22-2012, 12:08 PM
You may want to check the flatness of your bolt face. I have seen concave bolt faces cause problems.

ky-n
02-22-2012, 02:26 PM
I had the exact same thing on my 243, replacing the bolt head fixed mine.

ellobo
02-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Looking at the primers it seems to me they have backed out of the pockets. Try this. loosen the nut, chamber a round that is full length sized and see if the barrel can be screwed in some. If it does then your headspace isnt right. Remove the cartridge, snug up the nut a bit and try rechambering the case. if it goes in OK, then use some tape on the base of the cartridge to make it a no-go and try that. I see the classic case of the firing pin driving a cartridge into a chamber with the shoulder to far forward. The cartridge going off then drives the primer to the rear somewhat before the cartridge seats back at the bolt face. Any errors in this scenario? Lets hear it.

El Lobo